[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Speed Reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (403KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
403KB, 720x450px
Want to improve my reading speed, any suggestions?
Have you been able improve noticeably?
Is stopping subvocalizing a meme?
>>
>>8376119
>any suggestions?
move your eyes faster.
>>
>>8376119
Learn from the mangoes, read from right to left. Everything goes faster when you know where you're going. Even sentences!
>>
File: 1467951672037.png (17KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
1467951672037.png
17KB, 120x120px
>>8376122
Any eye exercises to improve this, assuming ur not trolling.
>>
>>8376134
>eye exercises
just trolling, but now i found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egK86sPCi2M
>>
>>8376119

Speed Reading in general is a meme. It's only really helpful for reading the news, or for school or work (which explains the connection between high reading speed and high income). It's literally just skimming to discover the most important pieces of information. Doing that with literature is unhelpful. Fully understanding some works fully requires time to process the implications of word choice or sentence structure and other things of the sort. Some of my most pleasurable moments reading literature is achieved by going one word at a time.
>>
>>8376160
I kinda get that. But how does one increase there reading speed. Feel like im a really slow reader.
>>
>>8376122
>How to lose weight?
Don't eat.
>>
>>8376173

Anon, seriously - go fuck yourself. Stop being a pussy. It's reading. Just keep reading. You're doing fine. Why do you feel like you're a slow reader??? Because you're comparing yourself to others. You know what types of people compare themselves to others??? Faggots. Either read or don't. Jesus fuck.
>>
>>8376346
This is reply is the most uplifting and demoralizing statement I've ever read.
>>
>>8376119

It's a meme for literature. Great literature is meant to be heard. The subvocalization is essential to hearing the rhythm of the prose. People used to read everything out loud until ~5th century. People were amazed at Caesar because he could read in his head.

Speed reading is for auto supply manuals and human resource enchiridia. People that speed read are people who mostly read stuff like that. They deserve our pity, not our scorn.
>>
>>8376119
Fuck m8, that pic is the most clear-cut case of correlation vs. causation i have ever seen on my entire life.
Speedreading is a meme. Your reading speed depends a whole lot more on your reading material and disposition towards it than skill or training. If you want to speedread then just read stuff like you don't give a fuck about it. Actually understanding it is completely optional.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.