[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I read before going into this bad boy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 92307.jpg (15KB, 280x400px) Image search: [Google]
92307.jpg
15KB, 280x400px
What should I read before going into this bad boy?
>>
most things
>>
>>8372958
Some shorter stuff by him, so you get a feel for how he thinks before you dive into it. S&Z isn't as difficult as Critique of Pure Reason or the Phenomenology of Spirit, but it's still hard. It's saved, though, because the things Heidegger talks about can actually be related back to your lived experience. When he talks about inauthenticity and the they-self, or what moods reveal, it's easy to understand what he's talking about.

I would read: https://www.amazon.com/Discourse-Thinking-Torchbooks-Perennial-Thought/dp/0061314595/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470627642&sr=8-1&keywords=Discourse+on+Thinking

And a couple essays from: https://www.amazon.com/Poetry-Language-Thought-Harper-Perennial/dp/0060937289/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470627663&sr=8-1&keywords=Poetry+Language+Thought

The point is not to understand and lock down everything he says, but just to get a feel for it.

About Being and Time in general, though: the book begins with two introductions. These are daunting and unpleasant, at least for your first time through. My advice is to keep on going.

Also, don't worry about getting it all the first time. Heidegger actually works better if you read him as you would a novel.

Anyway, good luck, it's a great book and will change the way you think.
>>
>>8373003
fucking stupid post.
>>
>>8373005
Oh, sorry, let me put this in terms you'd understand:

kys
>>
>>8372958
>>8373003

Also, this is a useful, and readable, secondary source: https://www.amazon.com/Being---World-Commentary-Heideggers-Division/dp/0262540568/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470628026&sr=8-1&keywords=Dreyfus+Heidegger

The author seems to be a little bit of a dirty hippie, though.
>>
>>8373003
>Phenomenology of Spirit
srsly, fuck that book
>>
>>8373003
>The point is not to understand and lock down everything he says, but just to get a feel for it.

About Being and Time in general, though: the book begins with two introductions. These are daunting and unpleasant, at least for your first time through. My advice is to keep on going.

Also, don't worry about getting it all the first time. Heidegger actually works better if you read him as you would a novel.

Anyway, good luck, it's a great book and will change the way you think.

so basically read the book, then?
>>
>>8373061
Heidegger is better understood with a goblett of wine by your side, and a red plate with delicious crackers to munch as your energies wither but mind stays heated in it's focus.

I would recommend, as prereq reading to go through through most of Hegel's work, the encyclopedia of logic and the phenomenology de'sprit are a yes yes.

As anon said above read as you would a novel, from start to finish. Best red in one sitting.
>>
>>8372958
Plato, Aristotle, Meister Eckhart, Husserl
>>
Understand the Ancient Greeks, German Idealism, Nietzsche, and Phenomenology (Husserl)
>>
You should be aware that B&T is an unfinished work.
>>
>>8373189
>suggests hegel before heidegger

what
>>
>>8373620
You should be aware B&T is gibberish.
>>
What is Metaphysics - Heidegger

if you haven't already, read a history of philosophy just so you get the jist of his precursors; maybe read an article (SEP) on husserl
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.