[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you guys think of the work of Sam Delaney

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: aaaaaa.jpg (372KB, 880x1200px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaa.jpg
372KB, 880x1200px
>>
I often hear Dhalgren is as complex as Ulysses and Gravity's Rainbow? is this true
>>
Why doesn't he write sci-fi anymore? Why does he only write icky erotica now?
>>
>>8371284
Because he became a sodomite
>>
>>8371283
No, but it's very good.
>>
anyone read hogg?
>>
>>8371344
Yes, about a month ago actually. It was...intense. Excessively so. But surprisingly heartfelt in places.
>>
File: 1467159875144.jpg (13KB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
1467159875144.jpg
13KB, 400x285px
>>8371420
>But surprisingly heartfelt in places
Isn't it about a boyslave going around raping people with a dude who eats his own shit?
>>
>>8371313

its not as hard as Ulysses or its not as hard as GR?
>>
>>8371283
I'd really like to read it, I hear it's like a labyrinth of cyclical text.
>>
so it is as hard as ulysses?
>>
>>8371424
Yes.

>They call me Hogg because a hog lives dirty. I don't wash none. And when I get hungry, I eat my own snot. I been wearin' these clothes since winter. I don't even take my dick out my pants to piss most times, unless it's in some cunt's face. Or all over a cocksucker like you. What I usually do is park the truck in the sun with the light comin' in and piss my pants up somethin' terrible." The truck turned another corner; he dropped one hand from the carpeted wheel between his legs, hefted his meat around some - but I couldn't tell if he was doing it or thinking about it. "Yeah, boy, all that nice hot stuff, running down my leg, and squirmin' my ass around in it...I got worms, boy - had 'em ever since I was a kid. But I won't get rid of 'em cause I like the way they make my asshole itch. I gotta drink a lot of beer and eat a lot of pizza pies and French fried potatoes to keep a gut like this and all them little fuckers fed. I got a hairy ass and it sure cakes up crusty. But I just don't believe in wipin' when I got a freaky little son of a bitch like you to eat it out for me. Now, how do you like that?
>>
Why do most of his stories involve eating shit? He's even more excessive about it than Dennis Cooper.
>>
>>8371283
>>8371446
Jesus no. It's on par with Catcher in the Rye in terms of complexity and, hell, even tone.
>>
>>8371420
>It was...intense.

i think "boring" is the word you are groping for. wow, "shit your pants, jerk off, rape someone, piss your pants, make your slave lick it up, jerk off, rape someone else".. i'm guessing this wasn't a product of the Oblique Strategies.
>>
>>8372120
i don't remember any shit-eating in "Babel-17" or "Nova". perhaps i wasn't being sufficiently postmodern in my reading.
>>
>>8373467

OK, I should have said, his most recent novels. His sci-fi novels don't, that's true, but Hogg, Mad Man, Through the Valley of the Nest of Spiders.

I know that's only 3, but it's the 3 major novels he's published in the past 20 years.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.