[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst book you had to read for High School or University

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: stilllife.jpg (259KB, 413x620px) Image search: [Google]
stilllife.jpg
259KB, 413x620px
Picture fucking related for me. I had to read a Tom Robbins novel in High School so I chose this one since it was his most well known novel. The humour felt so forced and it alternated between telling a boring narrative and randomly switching to a stream of consciousness prose. I don't understand how some people say that this book changed their lives.
>>
>>8369508
Chiming in to say that yeah, I tried to read that book and in fewer than 20 pages I became convinced that Robbins is a terrible writer.
>>
>>8369508
I read it in rehab and I thought it was absolutely amazing. I don't k now what to tell ya man.

Also what kind of fucking school would let you read a book filled with so much sex for curriculum.
>>
File: The_Alchemist_Cover.jpg (27KB, 457x692px) Image search: [Google]
The_Alchemist_Cover.jpg
27KB, 457x692px
>jus follow ur dreams lol
>>
Anthem by ayn rand desu
>>
>>8369643
I liked Jitterbug Perfume a lot, then I read Another Roadside Attraction and oh my fuck it's such a complete waste of time.
>>
All of them. I hate being forced to read
>>
>>8369721
It's interesting that you read it in rehab, because the only people who've ever recommended it to me are addicts. That alone kept me from bothering with it.
>>
>>8369508
I had to read One Hundred Years of Solitude, which wasn't the worst but it was way overrated.
>>
File: Reader-is-sexy.jpg (90KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
Reader-is-sexy.jpg
90KB, 500x707px
>>8369508

Curious, is any of Robbins stuff worth reading?

Knew quite a few people of the years who have read his novels, but I've never tested the waters.

Opinions?
>>
someone tell me why this book art is the same template for camel cigarettes?
>>
File: camel-cigarette.jpg (575KB, 1723x1621px) Image search: [Google]
camel-cigarette.jpg
575KB, 1723x1621px
>>8371760
That's what I was thinking
>>
>>8371760
Just read the book.

>>8371667
Jitterbug perfume
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.