[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best William Faulkner books? >Pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 5053294.jpg (132KB, 284x475px) Image search: [Google]
5053294.jpg
132KB, 284x475px
Best William Faulkner books?

>Pic related
>>
>>8368395
light in August
go down moses
as I lay dying - 94 hours
the sound and the fury
>>
>>8368466
any bad ones?
>>
>>8368395
Absalom, Absalom was god-tier until Quentin started talking, did Faulkner really have to give him so many chapters?
Also one of the chapters, where Quentin's dad narrates, is rendered literally pointless because it turns out his theories were wrong because he didn't know the full story. This was probably the intention, but it still sucks.
As I Lay Dying is his best work for sure, it's the most perfect one. The Sound and the Fury would be perfect if it wasn't for Quentin's chapter which wasn't done that well.
>>
>>8368741
Did Quinten run over your dog or something?
>>
>>8368836
No I like him very much, but as I said, why does he narrate so much in Absalom, Absalom? I guess that's the minor problem to me though, the biggest gripe I have is with that chapter which turns out to be wrong.
>>
>>8368836
Kek, this. Quentin's chapter in TSATF is actually my favorite, it has some of the best prose and most emotional wham and is the most innovatic. Quentin's chapters in A.A., I didn't really notice it as a failing, I thought it was an interesting further development/backstory of him from what we see in TSATF, it's obvious he feels extraordinarily insecure later on since Charles killed Bon for taking his sister like a man, Quentin feels he has to live up to the same chivalric standards later when Caddy gets cummed in and dumped. He's essentially forced to be obsessed with the glorified past and with figures who are made out to be more heroic and larger-than-life and crueller than they really were, tying in to the general fall of the South and obsession with more glorious pre-Civil War romantic ways. i dunno.
>>
>>8368863
It's magic, joel
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.