[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Went out and bought this today, /lit/ What am I in for? Is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Today's Purchase.jpg (1024KB, 1310x2135px) Image search: [Google]
Today's Purchase.jpg
1024KB, 1310x2135px
Went out and bought this today, /lit/

What am I in for? Is it really '/pol/ & /r9k/ - the book'?
>>
>>8367721
no
>>
>>8367721
Yeah, a bit of those. But i think the book is overrated actually.
>>
>>8367734

Why not?
>>
>>8367738
he seems more apathetic to women and nonwhites which would distance him from /pol9k/ retards for whom the hatred of their perceived 'inferiors' constitute their own idealized self-image.
>>
>>8367747
Not to mention that it's a satire of him.
>>
File: Bust it.jpg (12KB, 435x419px) Image search: [Google]
Bust it.jpg
12KB, 435x419px
>>8367747

We don't have the luxury of apathy, though.
>>
>>8367758
epin

>>>/r9k/
>>
File: NEET SWAT.png (418KB, 448x486px) Image search: [Google]
NEET SWAT.png
418KB, 448x486px
>>8367764

It's true.
>>
File: 1470275161633.png (390KB, 467x620px) Image search: [Google]
1470275161633.png
390KB, 467x620px
I've read a translation of this. It was humorous but not really funny that made me laugh out loud. Does it depend on word plays and prose that wouldn't make sense in translation? Should I reread it in English?
>>
>>8367832

No, it's the same in English. lit is pretending to find it laugh out loud funny. 10 minutes on 4chan has more humour
>>
>>8367721
>Is it really '/pol/ & /r9k/ - the book'?
It is /lit/ the book.
/pol/ and /r9k/ hardly have any knowledge of philosophy and literature.
Ignatius snobbish opinions are closer to what we read in this board.
>>
>>8367832
>>8367842

'Laugh out loud' funny is not the only kind of funny.

I found myself just smiling, laughing inwardly to myself, etc, when thinking about some parts of the book after reading it.

'Laugh out loud' humour, meanwhile, is often found in humble places. Karl Pilkington's books, for example.
>>
>>8367721
Why donĀ“t you just read it and find out for your fucking self, you lazy piece of shit? Go suck a dick and get a vasectomy with a chainsaw, you lazy son of a bitch, I swear I would kill you if I could, motherfucker. I bet you haven't read a book in your life. Go gag on a black cock and leave us alone LEAVE US ALONE, goddammit, we don't need shitty threads like this one: 'ooh, what is the book like, ooh, I want to swallow a gallon of cum'. NOBODY FUCKING CARES. Now go back to where you came from, you pathetic buffoon and let us talk L-I-T-E-R-A-T-U-R-E instead of exposing your lazy ass for everyone to see. Go fuck yourself.
>>
File: tips morality.png (106KB, 318x444px) Image search: [Google]
tips morality.png
106KB, 318x444px
>>8367867
>>
>>8367721
It's all that but really it's just the original The Simpsons.

Groening and the best Simpsons writers owe a huge debt to Toole.
>>
>>8367952

Are we referring to the Golden Age? Seasons 6-10.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.