[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else cry during this book? The ending got me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: theroad.jpg (43KB, 305x500px) Image search: [Google]
theroad.jpg
43KB, 305x500px
Did anyone else cry during this book?

The ending got me.
>>
this girl in my tenth grade english class. she said she did anyway.
>>
I didn't cry but the ending was amazing. I loved how cryptic and mysterious it felt.
>>
yo that fucking kid got eaten lmao.
>>
>>8367285
When I read about Cormac McCarthy having a child at an advanced age the story hit me even more.
>>
>>8367287
yeah I think the story was inspired by him having a son iirc.
>>
fag lol
>>
is the book as creepy as the movie? that scene with all the people in the basement really messed with me desu
>>
couldn't finish. I kept project myself onto the kid and my father onto the kids father. too much man.
>>
>>8367497
dude the movie kind of sucks. the book is fun. it does have a distinct style that tends to have people either love it or hate it. give it a try with an open mind.
>>
>>8367274 yeah but I got dad issues anyway.
cried while reading in a room full of people, I don't give a fuck.

>>8367497
the movie is such a muted version of the book. the book is much darker
>>
>>8367497
The book is even more bleek.
>>
>>8367274
I did it sucks so hard
>>
>>8367274
Movie >book
>>
>>8367497
People roast a fucking baby and eat it in the book
>>
To live the role, Viggo Mortensen would sleep in his clothes and deliberately starve himself. At one point he was thrown out of a shop in Pittsburgh because they thought he was a homeless man.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.