[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DFW btfo how can sincerity ever recover?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 20160806_015919.jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20160806_015919.jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
DFW btfo

how can sincerity ever recover?
>>
>>8366602
lol we had a thread about this a few months ago.
I hope everyone who reads this part starts a thread about it.
>>
Oh man, this is your famous Gaddis? Really? That could pass for YA.
>>
>>8366674
No wonder Green actually likes this.
>>
File: 1027082dfw4.gif (122KB, 746x970px) Image search: [Google]
1027082dfw4.gif
122KB, 746x970px
DFW on suicide watch?
>>
>>8366602
There's one thing and one thing only that the mods could do to immensely improve the board, instantly, overnight, and that's facilitate more threads about David Foster Wallace. Create them, nurture the ones that exist, guide the discussions, and make sure they stay on track. If we're here to discuss literature, ultimately, we are here to discuss David Foster Wallace. There is no way for a person to grasp the full implications of Infinite Jest and not realize this. We're talking about the smartest man who ever lived. You must realize this. It's not a joke anymore. We're seeing the world degenerate further and further into chaos, and we're standing by and watching it happen. You want to fix this board? You want to fix the world? You want to fix your life? You need only take one step: read Infinite Jest. There is no substitute for hard work, and that's what Wallace requires of you if you are to understand him. If you are to understand not just him, but the world. We're not talking about escapist literature, fan fiction, genre nonsense. We're talking about saving our lives. We're talking about meditating on God. We're talking about communing with the primary presence. This is not an issue to be treated lightly.
>>
>>8366678
>frontal balding is present
Rude
>>
>>8366679
http://www.cosmoetica.com/B1349-JH1.htm
>>
File: TASDPROMO.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
TASDPROMO.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>>
>>8366678

>no talent is discernable
>>
>>8366678
Didn't know DFW had electroconvulsive therapy. Also slightly disappointed the tattoo didn't use his wife's maiden name.
>>
>>8366678
>6'4"
>161 lbs
This is just the skeleton? Lankets, man.
>>
File: tumblr_mkffnpFkv01qlc0voo1_500.jpg (59KB, 470x469px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkffnpFkv01qlc0voo1_500.jpg
59KB, 470x469px
>>8366677
>>
What is the difference between being sincere and being honest though?
>>
>>8366679
love this pasta
>>
>>8366678
This reads like his writing
>>
>>8366674
No, not really, if you've read the book you know that Esme is a mentally retarded (literally batshit) and very vapid, self-absorbed, childish girl that occasionally likes to talk about herself in the third-person and sometimes makes comically "profound" seeming statements that are supposed to ridicule trite but profound-seeming "wisdom" and literariness.
>>
>>8368229
>statements that are supposed to ridicule trite but profound-seeming "wisdom" and literariness
(Gaddis is ridiculing them, not Esme, clearly)

This is actually a comical scene, in context, where the narcissistic Otto is deflated in his "sincerity" by a platitude from an insane woman he wants to fuck.
>>
>>8368190
How can American prose style ever recover?
>>
File: 1458780748914.jpg (75KB, 732x743px) Image search: [Google]
1458780748914.jpg
75KB, 732x743px
>>8366602
who else /otto/ here?
DESU SENPAI i've never been this insecure about my narcissism.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.