[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cormac McCarthy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Suttree.jpg (18KB, 260x400px) Image search: [Google]
Suttree.jpg
18KB, 260x400px
Thoughts on Suttree? Picked it up after reading Child of God.
>>
Suttree is a deeply moving novel and McCarthy is excellent at describing highly mundane or more approriately grotesque scenes with real beauty. It is my favourite novel of his and considering my own upbringing the story of a man living in poverty who manages to maintain his dignity really resonates with me.
>>
>>8366554
I just started it too buddy. Are you planning to read Cormac's whole body or work in publishing order?
>>
>>8366554

Pa. Why are eggs breakfast?

What.

You can put bacon on lunch.

Ye.

But if you put eggs on stuff it becomes breakfast?

The man spat and said the eggs are not for this world or from this world they come from the chicken but the chicken knows it not.
>>
>>8366567

Half hearted m8 poor stuff
>>
>>8366554
I've yet to read it but it definitely has the best cover of that series of editions.

>>8366606
That's a McCarthian rewrite of a John Green dialogue meme
>>
I put it down after I picked it up. If you like I can continue my story.
>>
>>8366618

Yes I know what it is its the latest trend around these parts
>>
>>8366554
Its the only McCarthy book I have yet to read, heard its one of his best too.
>>
>>8366554
Haha minion
>>
>>8366557
>man living in poverty who manages to maintain his dignity
Sounds like Faulkner, desu.
>>
>>8366618
Needs more spitting.
>>
>>8366554
There are a lot of very memorable scenes.
>>
>>8366781
Don't forget to wipe your plate with a tortilla.

>>8366554
His second best novel and his most challenging. The opening is one of the best I've ever read. I envy his poetic sensibility. The scene with the watermelons had him laughing out loud, which I never expected from McCarthy.
>>
written much better than child of god. it's on par with blood meridian. child of god had a more interesting premise.
>>
>>8366778
t.Bloom
>>8367002
t.Better than Food
>>
>>8366557
Yeah this is exactly what I was going to say. Suttree is also very funny compared to some of his other stuff. I think in terms of quality its tied with BM but theyre very different novels
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.