[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any point in learning Latin or Ancient Greek?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1459003664710.jpg (72KB, 640x592px) Image search: [Google]
1459003664710.jpg
72KB, 640x592px
Is there any point in learning Latin or Ancient Greek?
>>
Not for you, retard
>>
>>8364929
For fun. I took 2 years of Latin in high school.
>>
Not really but I took Latin in every year of high school and used it to hold a larger grasp on linguistics

latin randomly comes in handy with derivatives
>>
Is there any point learning anything?

What a stupid question.
>>
>>8364959
I guess I mean would it be useful for a normal person or a complete waste of time.
>>
>>8364960
Very few things are "useful" to a normal person living in a hyper-capitalistic society.
>>
>>8364975
I know, I run into this problem whenever I try to learn something new. If it doesn't make money, I have a hard time justifying the time spent on it.
>>
I hate when people ask that.

No there is no "point" to the humanities, but they are fun and enriching and make people more interesting you fucking stemfags autists.
>>
>>8364983
The mark of an intelectual is that he learns stuff just for the sake of knowing more. Because he derives pleasure from learning.
>>
>>8364983
Sounds like you didn't need to start this thread at all then because you answered your own question.

But it was a subtle shitpost, I'll grant you that.
>>
>>8365000
trips of truth
>>
>>8364929
It might help you in starting with the Greeks.
>>
>>8365000

Include me in the screencap
>>
>>8364929
Maybe if you're really into linguistics. All of the books my grandfather had in greece were in modern greek so if you think you're going to be able to read classic literature in the tongue they were written you'll be disappointed
>>
>>8365032
Written demotiki isn't that different from ancient Greek though, just need a couple of months of grammar practice.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.