[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone recommend some bizzare literature? A la the twilight zone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

Can anyone recommend some bizzare literature? A la the twilight zone?
>>
File: houseofleaves.jpg (28KB, 318x420px) Image search: [Google]
houseofleaves.jpg
28KB, 318x420px
House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
>pic related
>>
>>8361692
DUDE LABYRINTHS LMAO
The book feels like a tryhard YA Borges wank.
>>
O Henry le tweests
Ray Bradbury lots of authors including him wrote for the series
>>
>>8361692
>>8361701
Danielewski is pretty forthright about Borges' influence on the book; he even quotes Pierre Menard (and maybe others, I only remember this one.) That being said, it honestly is a pretty fun book. Not as great as Borges, but it is very bizarre and worth the read if you don't expect too much.
>>
File: tumblr_nwtyt7qtGB1r61x1mo1_500.png (231KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwtyt7qtGB1r61x1mo1_500.png
231KB, 500x381px
>>8361675
Read the stories of Charles Beaumont, who was a writer for the twilight zone. Perchance to Dream is a collection of his best works, you can probably find it at Barnes & Noble or something.
>>
>>8361692
I really wanted to like this book, but I had to put it down after one of the narrators described a woman breasts as "pac-men"
>>
File: 1467055015620.png (2MB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
1467055015620.png
2MB, 1440x960px
>>8361723
I enjoyed it too. Especially those really unnerving parts where the druggy feels the presence after him. but the ending of the Navidoson Tape is a bit dumb.

>AND THENNNN....THE HOUSE ATE MY BROTHER! AHAHAHAHA

Op you should try Perchance to Dream by Charles Beaumont. He wrote some episodes fro TTZ. Also Ligotti, Lovecraft, and Vandermeer.
>>
my diary desu
>>
The Communist Manifesto
>>
Fancies and Goodnights by John Collier
>>
Thomas Ligotti's short stories. Try Teatro Grottesco (note: the first story is meh).
>>
>>8363926
Also, I could see the stories The Town Supervisor and The Clown Puppet being episodes of The Twilight Zone.
>>
>>
File: weirdbooks.jpg (258KB, 1200x755px) Image search: [Google]
weirdbooks.jpg
258KB, 1200x755px
>>
nikolai kingsley was bizarre about ten years ago when he was writing about people having sex with inflatable pigs and giant spiders in VR
>>
Jg Ballard- unlimited dream company

An nc-17 twilight zone episode
>>
I was going to make a thread about this, but I'll ask it here.

What kind of "horror" is the Twilight Zone considered? It's not really horror in the normal sense, it's not scary. It's almost like "uncanny" in that things are just a little bit off. What is this kind of thing called?
>>
>>8361675

I would check out Stephen King's book 11/22/63. Even if you don't like him. The book so perfectly matches the tone and uneasiness of the Twilight Zone.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.