[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I liked pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Underworld.jpg (36KB, 218x327px) Image search: [Google]
Underworld.jpg
36KB, 218x327px
Should i read IJ next? Because looking for more sprawling, modern (as in contemporary, not modernist/ post modernist) novels like pic related, but i'm not neccessarily looking for more of Delillo. I feel like i might enjoy a change of approach after 800 pages of Delillo.
Any other suggestions?
>>
>>8360327
infinite jest
>>
>>8360327
More DeLillo is the only answer, DFW liked to think he was his successor but really he was just a "special" boy who DeLillo found kindness in his heart for.
>>
>>8360341
That's what i was inclined to do, but why though? >>8360355
Which specific Delillo books would you recommend?
>>
>>8360327
Bleeding Edge?
>>
The Gold Bug Variations.
>>
>>8360355
>but really he was just a "special" boy who DeLillo found kindness in his heart for.

lol reading Delillo's letter to DFW this fits perfectly
>>
>>8360355
Falling Man was pretty good.
>>
>>8360327
Definitely nothing Wallace wrote can be considered "sprawling", regardless of how much someone may personally enjoy it, his work is all very sheltered.
>>
I bought Infinite Jest but gave up because all the tennis shit was so boring and annoying. I stopped about 200 pages in.
>>
>>8361982
I'd agree and I love IJ. It's great but by no means sprawling. It's about some New England druggies and tennis kids.
Canadians get thrown about a bit, but they aren't developed except Marathe. I do love the scene leading up to the Quenecois terrorist massacre by the wheelchair assassins, whatever they're named.
>>
Try Against the Day or one of the big Pynchon novels. Those are sprawling, not IJ.
>>
>>8363361
I'm a little concerned about the difficulty of those. Are they far more difficult then Underworld? The only Pynchon i've read so far was CoL49, which was great but way more complicated than Underworld. I dont want to spoil the Pynchon experience by jumping into his massive novels and slogging through.
But if you they are sprawling, massive, beautifull and not extremely difficult (they can be hard allright, i just dont like to struggle withe every page for 800pages), then ill add them to the list of possebilities
>>
>>8363603
Against the Day and Mason & Dixon are great and accessible.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.