[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are his lectures good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (115KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 900x900px
Are his lectures good?
>>
His Hegel was mostly on point for beginner teir
>>
They're great.
>>
Penn Jillette has his own lecture series now?
>>
>>8359637
>this joke every single time
>>
He teaches to the bottom of the class. His fake enthusiasm drives me crazy. He seems to think that "teaching philosophy" means patting kids on the back for saying anything at all. He is pretty clear, but often to the point where he glosses over intentional difficulties and controversies in texts in order to make it easier for the bottom of the class to sail along.
>>
He's fundamentally unlistenable. Nobody knows if his lecture content is good, it is unknowable
>>
Yes but you need to actually read the works.
>>
>>8359620

He's not the most vibrant of lecturers, but yeah, they're good.
>>
the only philosophy lectures on youtube worth watching are rick rodericks
>>
>>8359620
WHY THE FUCK DO YOU POST A THREAD WITH JUST A PICTURE AND SAYING "HE" WITH NO MENTION WHO "HE" IS?
I know it's Greg Sadler but this it's a shitty op anyway.
>>
>>8359712
>He seems to think that "teaching philosophy" means patting kids on the back for saying anything at all.

It's like that at literally every university in the 21st century. Even Harvard profs are getting pissed that they have to do this.
>>
>>8359723
No, he's a great lecturer. All his stuff on Aristotle, Aquinas, Hegel, Heidegger, Epictetus are great.

>>8360233
Roderick is not bad but Sadler is much better, at least when Heidegger and Hegel are concerned.
>>
>>8359712
His lectures with students in them are absolutely boring. They are very important and Mr Sadler is a saint for all the effort he has put into making philosophy something for everyone to enjoy, but the pandering towards these fucking retarded students just annoys the fuck out of me
>>
I like him because he is primarily interested in ethics and does a lot of work on virtue ethics. Well that and he is really fucking highly educated.

>>8359712
That's because the lectures he gives to a class are philosophy 101 stuff, and he does a fine job if that's the level you are at. If you watch his solo videos on Heidegger or someone similar you can see how useful he is.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
yea yea but he has got nothing on Mr. R
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.