[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finished reading The Sound Of Waves, i loved the prose but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 600full-yukio-mishima.jpg (60KB, 467x605px) Image search: [Google]
600full-yukio-mishima.jpg
60KB, 467x605px
I finished reading The Sound Of Waves, i loved the prose but it was too happy for me.
Did Mishima wrote any sad, soul-crushing book?
>>
>>8357692
>8357692
>Did Mishima wrote any sad, soul-crushing book?

Lol are you fucking kidding?
>>
>>8357713
'no'
>>
>>8357721
Basically all of Mishima's works are sad and soul crushing. Take your fucking pick.
>>
>>8357692
Confessions of a mask
Forbidden colours
i like homo erotic mishima more.
>>
>>8357692

>too happy

Depends on how you look at it. The ending kind of spoiled it for me where where Shinji credits himself, and not the thought of Hatsue's photo, that took him through the storm.
>>
>>8357731
Then what work is the most soul crusing?
>>
>>8357745

His Sea of Fertility tetralogy. He finishes the last book before he offs himself
>>
>>8357771
Nice.
Thanks anon.
>>8357740
I am more interested on suicidal mishima and nationalist mishima, but thanks anyway.
>>
>>8357692
Please, God, just one dick pic.
>>
>>8357791
>I am more interested on suicidal mishima and nationalist mishima

Read this.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwGbhGWPReybN1dGcDFRYTA5dms/edit

It's literally just 50 pages, and fucking well-written.
>>
Mishima was totally gay, right? There's no way you write Confessions of a Mask without being homosexual.

Also, armpit fetishes weird me out.
>>
>>8357956
He was bi, wasn't that big a deal to him. He loved the aesthetics of youth, no matter the gender
>>
>>8357956
Well, he was probably in reality bisexual if you ask me. I doubt someone who was exclusively gay would have a wife and children.
>>
>>8357968
>>8357971
Fair enough.
>>
File: 787423._UY200_.jpg (11KB, 132x200px) Image search: [Google]
787423._UY200_.jpg
11KB, 132x200px
I am reading Confessions of a Mask right now and it is all kinds of fucked up. Everysingle page reeks of his future suicide.
>>
A lot of Mishima's shit was sad, but none of his works got to Dazai level soul-crushing.
>>
File: yukio-mishima.jpg (129KB, 568x860px) Image search: [Google]
yukio-mishima.jpg
129KB, 568x860px
Just uploaded one of Mishima's plays (Primary Colors) that is not in any of any the books collections, previously behind an academic paywall.

An excellent companion piece and in many ways the opposite to "Forbidden Colors", both dealing with homosexuality but in different ways

http://bookzz.org/book/2597119/0320a0
>>
>>8357692
how was sailor a happy book? every single character was totally unlikable and some totally idiotic and crazy.

I wouldn't say mishima wrote sad books. there are definitely dark themes....but more like books for 20-somethings to motivate them to get off their asses with macho bullshit philosophy with romantic notions with very little basis in reality.

try kenzaburo oe's "the silent cry."

that's a pretty dark and fucked up book but very good.
>>
>>8358306
Mishima told Dazai in person that he hated his work.
>>
>>8359703
>Mishima told Dazai in person that he hated his work.

Just rival homolust
>>
>>8359533
You sound like you've never read anything by Mishima
>>
>>8359533
>Sounds of Waves
>Sailer who fell from Grace with the Sea

Different books brah
>>
>>8357744
Na it was perfect. Would have been way too cheesey/cliche if it was the photo that got him through it
>>
>>8359964
I've actually read 9 of his books. maybe more. 9 that I can remember well.

>>8359999
no. sound of waves is the only book with a protagonist who wasn't a quixotic brat.
>>
>>8359703
>Fancy dinner party
>Mishma sees that scrawny little faggot Dazai across the room.
>Man-mode activated
>Struts across the hallway past all the effete writers and socialites
>There he is.
>Dazai's doped out of his mind from all the sleeping pills again.
>Mishima leans in
>"Dazai-kun ha b-baka!"
>Fucking nailed it, Mishima.
>>
>>8360125

>ha
>>
>>8360025

Could have done without it and delivered the same effect.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.