[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss love.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: theclodandthepebble.jpg (440KB, 882x1351px) Image search: [Google]
theclodandthepebble.jpg
440KB, 882x1351px
The Clod & the Pebble

"Love seeketh not itself to please,
Nor for itself hath any care,
But for another gives its ease,
And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair."

So sung a little Clod of Clay
Trodden with the cattle's feet,
But a Pebble of the brook
Warbled out these metres meet:

"Love seeketh only self to please,
To bind another to its delight,
Joys in another's loss of ease,
And builds a Hell in Heaven's despite."
>>
If it's egotistical it's shit
>>
>>8356729
Hegel claims that subject-object identity (the identity of subject and object is realized only in self-consciousness because only in self-consciousness are the subject and object of consciousness one and the same), such self-consciousness, exists perfectly only in love. What he means is that in love the self (the subject) finds itself in the other (the object) as the other finds itself in the self. In the experience of love subject and object, self and other, realize their natures through one another, and moreover each of them recognizes itself only through the other. Hence there is subject-object identity because there is a single structure of self-consciousness holding between self and other: the self knows itself in the other as the other knows itself in the self.
Further, love involves not only a moment of identity, but also a moment of difference; it is unity-in-difference. There is also difference in love because by its very nature it consists in appreciating the other just because it is an other; love is possible only through the mutual repsect between equal and independent partners. The self does not love the other if it attempt to dominate and subordinate the other to itself.

Love is thus the paradoxical process whereby the self both loses itself (as an individual) and finds or gains itself (as a part of a wider whole). Love contains therefore the moment of self-surrender and also of self-discovery. There is a moment of self-surrender in love because the self loses itself by renouncing self-interest as its ultimate value, and by ceasing to define itself in opposition to others. There is also a moment of self-discovery because in love the self also finds itself in and through the other; it sees that it is no longer something oposed to the other but the unity of itself with the other.
>>
if time can cure love, was it love at all
>>
>>8356729
no one loves me :(((
>>
there's this dumb bitch i'm trying to forget, but can't. is this love?
>>
>tfw devastating feel when you will never get to bend over the girl you love, spread her ass cheeks, place your nose on the rim of her asshole, and inhale her intoxicating scent

Why even live
>>
>>8356768
No
>>
>>8356898
what is it then?
>>
>>8356729
I'm curious why the clod talks about Love that way and the pebble speaks in the other way.

One thing that comes to mind is that a clod is a group of things stuck together as one, while the pebble in a brook can be seen as one unified thing. Love keeps the clod together, keeps it as itself, but the pebble doesn't have need for Love and so any involvement of Love would be a distortion of its nature?

Also, you missed a few uppercase letters. The first "itself" should be "Itself", and the "self" in the last portion should be "Self". Those seem important for the meaning.
>>
>>8356949
Start of Oyasami Punpun
>>
Those lips that Love's own hand did make
Breathed forth the sound that said 'I hate,'
To me that languish'd for her sake:
But when she saw my woeful state,
Straight in her heart did mercy come,
Chiding that tongue that ever sweet
Was used in giving gentle doom,
And taught it thus anew to greet:
'I hate' she alter'd with an end,
That follow'd it as gentle day
Doth follow night, who like a fiend
From heaven to hell is flown away;
'I hate' from hate away she threw,
And saved my life, saying -- 'not you.'
>>
>>8356961
Clod: immobile, part of the greater earth, supports all who stand upon it, a large and intangible mass. Can be moulded. Has 'give.'

Pebble: separate, distinct, moved and worn by the passage of water, brittle and unable to rejoin a larger mass (cannot return to stone or rock faces)

I take it to mean the humble, supportive collection of clod views love more beautifully than the haughty, mobile pebble who is unable to join forms or surrender to any greater thing.
>>
>>8356962
is that good or bad?
>>
the biggest normie shill meme of them all
just behind "b urself", religion and television
>>
>>8357033
>t. unloved, bitter, nihilist cuck
>>
File: feels.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
feels.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>8357040
2real
>>
>>8356989
But plot twist: the pebble is eventually worn down by the water, becoming earth and sand...
>>
>>8357048
hhmmm...... I like this.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.