[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I find a literary bf?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 43

File: 1468299234828.png (184KB, 291x273px) Image search: [Google]
1468299234828.png
184KB, 291x273px
How do I find a literary bf?
>>
I'll be gay if you stay away from my ass.
>>
>>8353335
ok will u fuk my boipucci tho?
>>
>>8353331
SF
>>
>>8353331
Write letters to every gay author you know saying how their work really spoke to you, helped you through a difficult time. Tell them you're 17. Literary bf acquired.
>>
>>8353336
Absolutely, I thought that was implied in my message.
>>
>>8353350
this should work

/thread
>>
File: 1468864005746.jpg (110KB, 845x555px) Image search: [Google]
1468864005746.jpg
110KB, 845x555px
>you will never be someone's muse

what's the most lit way to kill myself
virgina woolf-style?
>>
>>8353390

swallow coals like a good roman bitch, or drown yourself like Ophelia. there you go, /lit/ af.
>>
please faggots kill yourselves. I hope every day is torture for you. I hope you know when you walk down the street everyone hates you and is judging you and is laughing at you. you will never be taken seriously. unless of course you have some gay profession. have fun always being a lesser human being. just know being a faggot is a mental illness and you can always go for treatment.
>>
>>8353398
damn, that painting
post more masochistic sluts
>>
File: crleslieJuliet_Leslie.jpg (26KB, 512x691px) Image search: [Google]
crleslieJuliet_Leslie.jpg
26KB, 512x691px
>>8353418

I don't really have a collection of them but I can google what female suicides I remember from Shakespeare plays.
>>
File: tumblr_o61gboEdyf1r0tt8uo1_1280.jpg (313KB, 1212x744px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o61gboEdyf1r0tt8uo1_1280.jpg
313KB, 1212x744px
>>8353432

and lastly Ophelia ofc

good night sweet ladies
>>
>>8353404
>repression
Wew, lad.
>>
>>8353441
he's right you know
>>
>>8353437
sleep tight anon
>>
met a literary cutie at half priced books.
>anon, you buying "as I lay dying" for school?
>nope, wanted to get it just to read.
>let me tell you, it's a great book.
>Great, I loved "the sound and the fury"
>I'm sure you'll like this too

was love at first sight. made sure to grab an application to work there before I left.
>>
File: 20648745.jpg (471KB, 1026x1462px) Image search: [Google]
20648745.jpg
471KB, 1026x1462px
>you will never share an apartment with a bookworm qt
>you will never share a bookshelf with a bookworm qt
>you will never dfwpost on /lit/ together
>you will never do a stupid bookclub "read together" thing together
>you will never go to the bookstore together
>you will never sneak attack hug him from behind while he's reading
>he will never do that to you
>his foot will never knock over a stack while you playfully cuddle
>you will never have passionate philosophical discussions followed by passionate fugging
>you will never form associations between meaningful passages and memories of him (he was showering when i read that, he was making tacos when i finished that, he smiled when i read him that, etc)
>you will never tell each other that everything's alright when you have existential crises
>you will never find enough meaning in another that you could write about it
>you will never find meaning in another
>you will never find meaning

sorry for sperging out but death pierce me fuck
>>
>>8353331
I couldn't find a /lit/ boyfriend but at least I found a /tg/ one. He's wonderful but I wish we shared more book interests.
>>
File: 1469834580564.jpg (367KB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
1469834580564.jpg
367KB, 1564x1564px
>>8353390

>virgina woolf-style?

na babe. go out like sappho.
>>
How do I find a lit gf who can't find a lit bf?
>>
>>8353632
pick me senpai
>>
>>8353350
best damn advice I've ever seen on 4chan I did not know oprah was lurking on /lit/
>>
>>8353331
I find the idea of a girl for whom reading is more than an expression of her public image too intimidating a thought.

No thank you.
>>
>>8353980
how did the dyke die?
>>
>>8353331
i know a guy
but first: how big your tits
>>
>>8354427
>every e/lit/ist man ever
>>
File: 1449129479725.jpg (7KB, 249x228px) Image search: [Google]
1449129479725.jpg
7KB, 249x228px
>>8354427
I just want to be intimidated by a qt who's a deeper and wider reader than me.
>>
>>8353331
>be thin female
>???
>profit
>>
>>8353544
describe her anon, describe her to us for our masturbatory pleasures
>>
>>8355110
It's not intimidation as much as a competition in which you switch roles to teach and learn and fuck
>>
>>8355151
>black rimmed glasses
>short
>early-mid twenties
>not chubby, has a bit of weight to her
>shorter light brown hair with blue highlights
>black pearl and hoop ear rings
>quiet voice

hard to do her justice, but memory is a bit fuzzy since it was about two weeks since I saw her.
>>
please faggots kill yourselves. I hope every day is torture for you. I hope you know when you walk down the street everyone hates you and is judging you and is laughing at you. you will never be taken seriously. unless of course you have some gay profession. have fun always being a lesser human being. just know being a faggot is a mental illness and you can always go for treatment.
>>
>>8353544
>hey someone's buying a book I know about
>better talk to them about it!
Dear God am I glad to live in a socially anxious culture so I don't have to deal with this crap.
>>
>>8353632
Why even live?
>>
>tfw you never will sleep in the arms of a cute gay guy, while he reads your favourite book
>>
>>8355532
>tfw you will never feel strangely empowered by reading great books by dead homophobes coughnabokovcough
>>
File: 1455175460365.png (2MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1455175460365.png
2MB, 1200x1600px
>tfw too stupid
>>
>>8353331

OP, are you the girl that 'doesn't actually read but shitsposts all the same'? if you've been lurking on /lit/ you already know what to do:

*pretend to be lit.
*hang out where the non-autistic lit male population is (near universities, second hand bookstores)
*set a profile on dating sites posing as a "le awkward but nice"
*stalk lit males on goodreads

If you manage to be "qt", "not a slut" and not intellectually threatening to the male at the same time, maybe you'll succeed.

Best of luck.

(Also, I have advice if you're ugly, not very intelligent and unable to read a single book. But I'm not going to share that information here)

t. a woman of resources.
>>
>>8353390
One day, oh fair maiden, you certainly will
Now, stop speaking that you'll thyself kill
When the time is right, a good, gentle man you'll meet
But until then, please post a picture of your lovely feet
>>
how do you faggots live each day. like how the fuck do you get through the day. back in grade 9 like 2001 I remember my favorite hardcore band wearing tight pants. not skin tight girls pants like emo/scene bands but like Levis 511. not super tight but tighter than the exco ecko Sean Jean shit everyone wore back then. this was before kids ever thought to wear girls pants. I showed my dad a picture and I said I want pants like that. he laughed and said that shit was popular when he was a teen. what do you know he's still got some at my grandparents house. score! I got myself some tighter Levis. the morning I decide to wear them I'm walking to school. a car is passing by "NICE PANTS YOU FUCKING FAGGOTTTTT". :( uh oh this isn't going well. I feel like shit. I wanna go home and change. fuck that can't be late for school. walk up to school everyone's outside. people are staring and laughing as I pass by. it only gets worse when I go inside. hear people joking about my tight pants. fuck this sucks. never again. then a few years later that kinda shit is in style and I see niggers in tight pants. maybe I'll give it another shot.

how do you faggots walk around knowing everyone else thinks less of you and makes fun of you. wouldn't it be easier to just pretend to be straight.
>>
>>8355409
>has to say 'not chubby'

she's a land whale isnt she kek

face it qts don't read cause they don't need to. Reading is only done by the uggos to compensate
>>
>>8355628
t.uggo
>>
>>8355605
Kek
>>
>>8355616
it hurts to be called a faggot doesn't it?
>>
>>8355616
can't get a qt bf if nobody knows your gay

kill me
>>
>>8355632
no I'm very attractive actually which is why I don't need to read
>>
>>8355562
>spot qt in the philosophy section
>start conversation
>glasses, skinny bordering on skelly, soft hair and voice, totally adorable
>at one point reaches up high on a shelf
>shirt pulls up a lil
>hip bone prominent, skin victorianly white and smooth, cute undies peeking out from shorts
>muh heart and dick
>snapped out of it when he drops five huge tomes into my arms
>"here, i think you'll like these"
>uhh, thanks
>reaches up for more
>see smol wiry muscles in his arms
>comment on them, "from lifting all these right?"
>giggles
>muh HEART
>adds a few more to the stack, heavier than the first load
>as I struggle he starts talking about hermeneutics
>apparently Grondin is a complete quack
>also make a crack about wanting to grond on him but i'm out of breath
>asks me what I think about Descartes
>try to make a crack about giving the dick but my arms are giving out
>look down at stack
>book on top is in German
>manage to get out "i can only read English"
>he frowns
>"anon, don't you know translations are for plebs?"
>try to shrug and also drop everything
>he pouts, hands on hips
>"have you even read being and time, anon?"
>shake head
>"...being and nothingness?"
>shake head
>get shoved
>books crush chest
>last words are complimenting his shoes and my phone number
>last thing i see is him stepping over the spaghetti dribbling out of my pocket, shaking his head
>>
>>8355641
but you can't get a good job if everyone knows your gay. everytime I call people in for an interview and they turn out gay I just kinda fuck the dog on the interview because I know I'll never hire them.
>>
>>8355657
why would they tell you if they're gay or not
>>
>>8355661
I can tell if they act gay. if they are gay and act straight. congratulations I can't tell! and now you have a chance of working for me.
>>
>>8354436
some tales say she jumped off a cliff
>>
>>8355668
Why would anyone want to work for you if you fuck a dog during the interview?
>>
>>8355657

Congrats on being an insecure manchild!
>>
>>8355689
hey its not me I'm worried about. it's my iassociates. it makes people uncomfortable to work with flamboyant homos. as much as we like to think we are all accepting of homosexuality the truth is we aren't. not enough anyway. especially in my profession.
>>
>>8355657
In this alternate reality where you are an employer, is it their behaviour/manner or just the fact that they're gay that makes you dismiss them?
>>
>>8355696
behavior and manner. so if your looking for a job. act straight.
>>
>>8355655
>he
FUCK
>>
>>8355693

>especially in my profession.

Which is?

> as much as we like to think we are all accepting of homosexuality the truth is we aren't.

Yeah, but that's bc of our own dumb insecurities.
>>
File: james-joyce.jpg (177KB, 900x920px) Image search: [Google]
james-joyce.jpg
177KB, 900x920px
>>8353390
You can be my muse but only if you fart in my face.
>>
>you will NEVER live on a small quad of old stone buildings with leaded windows
>you will NEVER steer a gondola as your qt RP-accented gf giggles and tells you not to crash
>you will NEVER take a walk along the river with your qt privately educated girlfriend on a frosty February
>you will NEVER attend a formal ball with your qt Hermione-esque gf who blushes when she sees your reaction to the dress she's wearing
>you will NEVER have an hour-long discussion with a jaded, witty professor who finds you "utterly intriguing" and leave his office to find your qt gf pretending to read an advertisement pinned to his noticeboard
>you will NEVER ride old-fashioned bicycles across cobblestone streets beside your qt gf and laugh as you speed down a hill with your legs outstretched
>you will NEVER share a cheap bottle of red wine with your qt Home Counties gf while listening to Cocteau Twins in her dorm with candles providing the only light
>you will NEVER arrive a little late to a raucous, controversial debate at the Union and sneak in with your qt gf, ducking and offering whispered apologies as you make your way to some spare seats
>you will literally, unironically NEVER take a slow walk beside your qt vaguely artistocratic gf through the fallen leaves of a quiet park and make her smile as she clutches her coursebooks across her chest
>you will NEVER sit in a small concert theatre and watch your qt gf playing viola and experience a overwhelming feeling of pure love for the girl you one day hope to marry
>you will NEVER run through heavy rain to your qt elite gf's dorm and have her hug your drenched coat and hair as you provide whispered encouragement about her exam the following day
>you will NEVER stand on the lighted porch of your home watching your parents through the frosted glass as they approach to open the door and feel your bookish gf squeeze your hand a little tighter
>you will NEVER read Cat on a Hot Tin Roof in bed with your refined intelligent gf and try to stop yourself from laughing as she adopts different and exaggerated accents for the characters she's voicing
>you will NEVER sit at the dinner table in your qt posh gf's home and have her mother express her genuine shock at the fact you're from a poor background and have her father respect you a little more for turning out the way you have despite that
>you will NEVER sit up in bed still half-asleep and slowly unwrap one of the gift's your qt attentive gf got you for your birthday and have her stand with her hands behind her back with her lips pursed in anticipation of your response to the books she has spent time researching in the hope they will be ones you enjoy
>>
>>8355706
I'm an eastern regional sales manager. I'm in charge of the retail store managers and their business.
>>
>>8355715

not sure if kek or cry. Is this the infamous post-irony?
>>
Can I get a gf if I mostly read Stephen King and historical fiction?
>>
>>8355752
That's probably an advantage over reading literary fiction. You'll have something to talk about and she won't think you're pretentious.
>>
You are all faggots. Truly the most feminine thread in a while.
>>
>>8355693
>not enough anyway
It's too much as is lad, you are annoying as fuck no one wants to know what goes in and out of your anus
>>
>>8355605
I cringed desu family member.
>>
>>8355765
There is literally nothing more masculine than two men having sex.
>>
>>8355774
My issue is not with that, but with this sentimental twaddle of yours and those sappy dreams you are all having.
>>
>>8355770
so what this guy is saying is that the glass ceiling effect fucks over us too? employers see us as women? I don't get it. I never thought my orientation would effect my ability to get a job?
>>
>>8355788
There is literally nothing wrong with sentimentality or sappiness. You've clearly had your sensitivity blunted by a callous and materialistic society. I long for the days wherein men were able to attend elegant balls and meet cute, pale, blushing girls who giggled as she discussed you with her sisters and looked over at you only to look away with her heart pounding when you returned her gaze. Now men are forced to degrade such innocent and pure romantic ambitions and instead sit coldly sifting through a tide of constructed personalities on their mobile phones (a Semitic invention, by the way) in the hope that they may be able to be the third fellow that week to invest his girth into her decaying loins. An absolutely disgusting state of affairs all round.
>>
>>8355791
>employers see us as women?
Fags, not women. It's like women, but without all the interesting parts attached.
>I never thought my orientation would effect my ability to get a job?
Did you consider trying not to be flamboyant? I'm sure the voice intonation and the hand movements are not absolutely necessary.
>>
>>8355800
>invest his girth into her decaying loins
*tips*
>>
File: 1428858045270.png (51KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1428858045270.png
51KB, 370x370px
>>8355800
>I long for the days wherein men were able to attend elegant balls
>>
File: 1438725351486.jpg (56KB, 590x387px) Image search: [Google]
1438725351486.jpg
56KB, 590x387px
>>8355800
>>
>>8355800
>There is literally nothing wrong with sentimentality
>proceeds to write about literally everything wrong with sentimentality

It's because of the fear of becoming like you that we have to resort to cynicism and irony instead of being true to our sensitivities.

Excessive sensitivity just becomes edginess after a point.
>>
>>8353404
You should kill yourself desu
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467819056909.jpg (28KB, 372x527px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467819056909.jpg
28KB, 372x527px
>>8353331
asl?
>>
>>8355800
you'd rather hook up with a virgin that acts like a 12 year old girl than a grown woman that loves to fuck?
>>
>>8355914

It would depend on how emotionally stunted the grown woman was tbqh
>>
>>8355923
one that's well adjusted to the adult world?
>>
>>8355914
2/10

Nice bait.
>>
>>8355954
Virgin detected. Kek only you robots want a shy virgin gf because you know you can't handle a grown mature woman who wants to fuck, like that anon said.

>b-but purity! used roastie goods!

Enjoy looking for purity while other men fuck all the girls.
>>
>>8355555
Seriously, a pedo hates gay folks? What a lousy hypocrite. He must've understood what it felt like to be senselessly hated for something he couldn't control his feelings on.

Mirin' your digits.
>>
>>8356027
This. If a girl tells you she's a virgin that just means she's already lying to you.
>>
>>8355628
yeah, you got me. when i said "not Chubby" i meant this.
>>
>>8355908
24/m/Philadelphia

Also like what I've read of Lenin.
>>
>>8355914
yes
>>
>>8353390
Chain your foot to a chest full of rocks with a picture of your dream girl on top and then drown yourself in the ocean.
>>
>>8356359
good a goodreads?
>>
>>8355709
>tfw no farting bf
>>
>tfw no academically successful bf in a relationship in which you strengthen each other as individuals and form a power couple

just end it for me
>>
File: Women60 SUCH AN EPIC NERD XD XD.jpg (1MB, 1439x1429px) Image search: [Google]
Women60 SUCH AN EPIC NERD XD XD.jpg
1MB, 1439x1429px
>>8356704
>tfw no academically successful gf in a relationship in which you strengthen each other as individuals and form a power couple
I think I might pretend to be gay to make this work.
I was talking to a qt for 3 months but she's clearly fucking stupid and I'm probably going to cut her off because it's not going anywhere.
>>
>>8357458
gross tattoos. what a waste
>>
File: ((.jpg (78KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
((.jpg
78KB, 960x540px
>>8357476
Here's another waste:
https://www.instagram.com/emilysteaparty/?hl=en

>I read Shakespeare XDD
>I love Stravinsky XDDD
>I'm not just a roastie whore XDDDD
>>
>>8355715
>you will NEVER have an hour-long discussion with a jaded, witty professor who finds you "utterly intriguing" and leave his office to find your qt gf pretending to read an advertisement pinned to his noticeboard

I literally can't express how much better my life has been since I attended Oxford. I went to a state school and gradually became the stereotypical moody, withdrawn sensitive type who both despises the quality of his immediate culture and feels a weird pride for having been raised in a sort of anti-intellectual and brutal environment. I was all set to take my Russell Group humanities BA and spend my life working as an anonymous, insecure wageslave forever thankful of being offered a job and forever too insecure to pursue my creative ambitions. The chip on my shoulder had become something of a wedge, and I felt too out of place regardless of my environment, too resentful and bitter to even attempt to make it in the artistic world. Then I finally applied for Oxford and got in to study an English MA, with reassurance that should I work hard enough a career in academia or within one of Oxford's affiliated companies would be almost guaranteed. I turned up as apprehensive as usual, and the first few days were spent regretting my decision and desperately feigning a cultured personality. But then I realized that the people there were just interesting and that the snobbery and exclusivity I had anticipated was just a myth borne out of my working class upbringing. I've since graduated, having spend the year dining in grand halls with groups of interesting people, dating several girls (one of whom, a petite Russian whose family traces back to the aristocracy, is now my fiancee). I work four days a week at a publishing company and earn £38k a year. I regularly meet up with friends from my college and visit Oxford for nights out and for meetings with my professors. The Martin Eden-esque novel I have been writing for two years has been selected for publication at a major British publishing house and, honestly, I could not have imagined a few years ago how great life could be. I come on /lit/ and see how pathetic you all are and just shake my head and chuckle. If I saw you guys on the street I would of course throw you a penny or discuss Bukowski or whatever "realist" writers you enjoy, but ultimately I would be able to tell within ten seconds if you're an Oxbridge grad and would dismiss you as a potential source of good company if you are not. I never thought I'd know what it was like to be objectively better than somebody else, for the value of my existence to be superior to the value of a stranger's, but now I do and I've never been happier. People are awed by power and prestige. All I need to do is mention the university I attended (if only for a year) and they immediately begin to hunch and look at their feet because they know they are in the presence of greatness.
>>
>>8357776
Lel I can't tell if this is pasta or not.
>>
>>8357913
It's not.
>>
>>8357776
lol good pasta
>>
File: 1464322790667.png (1004KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464322790667.png
1004KB, 1280x720px
>>8353331
You live in Michigan? I'm recently single.
>>
>>8357508
She seems like a great girl, what are you even on about? Is she a whore because she's not sucking you off, or what? Pathetic Anon.
>>
>>8353331
If you're a dude relatively easy because everyone who reads is fucking gay

If you're a chick it won't be so easy for the same reason

speaking of which hmu :))
>>
>>8357458
Not anyone's fault but your own if you go after the wrong women.
Also you're clearly just bitter because she's not interested in you. If she was, you'd think she was a Goddess. This is pretty obvious, and again, pathetic.
>>
File: 1469481274545.jpg (80KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1469481274545.jpg
80KB, 560x560px
>>8355687
>>
>>8355715
anon, come on man, wtf
>>
File: 1470274012726.jpg (46KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1470274012726.jpg
46KB, 480x640px
>>8358899
>Also you're clearly just bitter because she's not interested in you.
That's a wrong assumption buddy, at the start she pretended to have some of my interests because she's read like 5 books; I thought she could be my literary sweetheart. I figured it out pretty fast however; she has a very flat personality and no views on anything.

>Not anyone's fault but your own if you go after the wrong women.
I know, that's why I'm thinking of cutting her off.

>If she was, you'd think she was a Goddess. This is pretty obvious, and again, pathetic.
Lot of assumptions today faggot
>>
File: ;_;.jpg (35KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
;_;.jpg
35KB, 535x577px
>>8355715
Why do you have to hurt me thus?
>>
>>8355592
It was a lot easier when you could look for goodreads profiles in a radius around you by gender.
>>
>>8359443
oi you're an edgy one
>>
>>8355715
why are capitalistcucks, moneyworshippers, so gay?
this is essentially a Stephenie Meyer story

my god this really put me off wanting a /lit/ bf
maybe /his/ produces better bfs
>>
>>8353632
>>you will never dfwpost on /lit/ together
perfectly okay with this
>>
File: 1465875881809.gif (3MB, 357x281px) Image search: [Google]
1465875881809.gif
3MB, 357x281px
>>8353331

Sometimes I feel I will never have a partner, and my life will always be hindered by my faggyness, tiredness, etc. I have never been able to fit into anywhere, and it's my own fault. I am not even smart either. I wish I was struck my lightning, figuratively and literally.

If I was actually good at something I wouldn't care but I have such a shitty stupid fucking brain, I fucking hate myself.
>>
>>8353331
You can start by getting out of bed.
>>
>>8355628
Nah I'm pretty cute senpai
>>
If you are shallow enough to base an honest connection off of hobbies or interest than go to the gym and better yourself while meeting shitheads the likes of you and people with actual drive.
I couldn't fathom speaking to someone about literary bullshit without us knowing our ins and outs for quite some time beforehand. Seriously, it's like bowel movements
>>
>>8353632
This post hurt my heart
>>
easy
>>
>>8356704
a/s/l?
>>
>>8364848
I-i'm not actually browsing on 4chan
>>
>>8353331
be rich, supermodel
>>
>>8364864
I thought you were The One.
>>
>>8353331

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>8356359
anon, is there any neat used book stores in philly? the store i checked out the other day was closed and has a weird schedule.

>pic related
>>
File: Alva och Gunnar Myrdal.jpg (18KB, 397x252px) Image search: [Google]
Alva och Gunnar Myrdal.jpg
18KB, 397x252px
>>8364879
I don't think there is "the one". Though damn, I wish. I'd need that strengthening right now as I'm semi-studying for an exam taking place in less than a week and it's not going my way. Guess I'll fail uni. Get an academically unsuccessful bf just like me. A loser illiterate pleb bf who only reads genre fiction or comic books. Oh god.

Hold me
>>
>>8364930
Goodbye forever then, I guess. We could've fallen in love.
>>
>>8355715
I'll have you know that the vast majority of the English upper class are extraordinary twats and not exceptionally eloquent or intelligent.

This green text truly shows how deeply ingraned class reverence and self-hatred are in the English people.

You have never stood up for yourselves and you all know that deep down, you are still just an ignorant subservient peasant thanking milord for the scraps he leaves for you.
>>
>>8364966
Such is life.
>>
>>8364967
I'm British and I have spent a lot of time both with working class scrublords and upper class patricians and I can tell you without reserve that the latter are a far more interesting and pleasant group to spend your time with. Growing up in the English upper class is like living in the 18th century, it's fantastic.
>>
>>8364971
Senpai pls
>>
>>8359583
I'm pretty sure /lit/ has the highest percentage of anticapitalists.
>>
>>8365132
still too many
>>
>>8364930
>Alva och Gunnar Myrdal
SMEDJEBACKEN
>>
>>8353331
I see titties in those pillows. Hooray. That means I'm straight.
>>
>>8364999
This anon is right. I really wanted to romanticise the working classes, until i started working blue collar jobs, and honestly most of them are feckless, incurious, lazy, nihilistic ass-holes. They are where they are because they do not even think about thinking about doing anything with their lives. Even in the blue collar world they often fail to rise because they are stupid and useless.
Posh twats may at times be annoying, but they actually act sentient. Talking to working class people is little better than talking to fucking plants half the time.
>>
File: Gunnar-and-Alva-Myrdal-3448622x.jpg (66KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
Gunnar-and-Alva-Myrdal-3448622x.jpg
66KB, 640x427px
>>8365156
Ska vi skapa en idyllisk folkhemsfamilj och tävla om vem av oss som får nobelpriset först?
>>
>>8365191
Are you 15? Try maybe pondering the complexity of issues once in a while.
This is a structural issue.
>>
>>8365198
Society is surprisingly meritocratic, and people actually do have agency.
>>
>>8357776
An Oxonian would never give up his opportunity to call his alma meter by it's collegiate house, not "Oxford"
>>
>>8365207
Despite what all sociological research has said, ever? Ok, Anon.
>>
>>8365192
Får se upp så våra barn inte blir som Jan bara.
>tävla om vem av oss som får nobelpriset först
Varför inte bli invalda i akademien och ta saken i egna händer?
>>
>>8365221
Låt oss konspirera till att ge priset till Nikanor Teratologen och se världen brinna upp av moralpanik.
Vi kan mysa tillsammans framför lågorna.
>>
File: sillerswillers.jpg (18KB, 255x210px) Image search: [Google]
sillerswillers.jpg
18KB, 255x210px
Just for the record, we can all agree that its way harder for a guy to find a literary gf than it is for a girl to find a literary bf.

>>8353331
>>
>>8365275
Nope. Women read more than men.

I've never met a guy who reads as much as me.
>>
>>8365298
90% of normies don't read at all
most men 'read' genre fiction
most women 'read' ya
actually reading is very rare
>>
>>8365298
Dont confuse reading with literacy.
>>
>>8365275
IDK, we both just sit at home alone. I think introverted men in a sense are more likely ending up with a partner because your immense sexual frustration pushes you to social action, such as online dating. I think introverted women are more inclined to just keep being alone at home, rotting away by their passivity. UNTIL, perhaps, the 30s when maternal instincts may bloom.
>>
File: 1366604072074.jpg (47KB, 500x529px) Image search: [Google]
1366604072074.jpg
47KB, 500x529px
>>8365298
They read more shit.

As someone who has worked in a bookstore for a year now next to a well known university, older white woman are definitely are customers by far and without question, and that is definitely why we stock shitty books.

It is impossible for me to tell who buys the good stuff because they come in so rarely. Sometimes it'll be an old English man here on vacation who is throwing a delightful fit because we don't have the Ennis translation and how could we think of saying he have a poetry section without a proper Dante? Sometimes it'll be a young female university student from the rhetoric department who glares at me after I tell her no, we don't have Deleuze, of course we should but do you see how small that philosophy section is (I personally updated it when I came in here and she is lucky that even Foucault is in there.) Sometimes it is an old man who says nothing but is all smiles when he thanks me for his Borges collection.

You're right anon women read more, and they read The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up.
>>
>>8365331
Okay, fair enough, i can find some middle ground there.
>>
File: 1461354183102.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1461354183102.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>8365343
>The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up.
>>
File: 1469035023652.png (1MB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1469035023652.png
1MB, 1252x1252px
>>8365331
There is the chance that if you go outside you'll get hit on.

We're fucking cowards when we go outside and wouldn't dare make eye contact with a girl with a book in her hand. The best we can hope for is seeing her looking at us from the corner of our eye.
>>
>>8365345
Good.
Please impregnate me in 10 years.
>>
File: 1422412385230.jpg (23KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
1422412385230.jpg
23KB, 704x480px
>>8365359
TOO FUCKING LEWD
>>
File: 1461417436416.jpg (76KB, 666x999px) Image search: [Google]
1461417436416.jpg
76KB, 666x999px
>>8365359
If only.
>>
>>8365331
>I think introverted men in a sense are more likely ending up with a partner

Well you think wrong.
>>
>>8365357
>going outside ever
lol no

And we're shy too, Anon.
Besides, and I know you won't like me bringing this up, BUT even if we would get approached 9 out of 10 times it's not a nice experience. Rejecting someone isn't nice, and you're forced into it as men will approach you even if you're not "asking for it" (e.g. flirting, being at a bar, w/e). And then, almost always, they get upset. You're always a bitch, a whore or a prude. Even if it's not anger it's not a nice feeling turning someone down. You're forced into that social interaction.
This is why it's best not to go outside, one of many, many reasons.
p.s. Not saying this is worse than having noone interested in you, just making a point about how the other side isn't all-green.
>>
File: 1449634052586.jpg (85KB, 573x400px) Image search: [Google]
1449634052586.jpg
85KB, 573x400px
>>8365388
Just like to say though if youre the woman who will let a guy know if its even possible then youre doing the ethical thing. most women i know want to be nice by not telling them and instead just ignoring them all together.

So my fedora is off to you sugar titties.
>>
>>8365388
No I get that, there is a price to being approached but at least you have people coming up and saying they are interested.

Also knowing that girls dont want to be bothered by you and rejecting you is another reason to not go up to them and say something. You also feel like a dick.
>>
>>8365388
This is the cringest thing I've done on /lit/ in a while but how should a guy approach a girl in a bookstore?
>>
>>8365388
>as men will approach you even if you're not "asking for it"

Somehow I don't believe this is true.
>>
>>8365399
Right, though a lot of men claim this but then in reality call you a cold bitch for being direct (even when of course, still trying to be polite).
Also, a lot of men only sort of flirt through implications, and to then try and be direct by clearly stating your disinterest makes them play it up like you're a ego-tripped whore. For reference, see the whole reddit meme about girls saying "I have a bf" too soon. When it's not that, it's blaming women for NOT clearly saying they have a bf at first sight, then they're whores leading men on.
There's just not really a way to win.
>>
File: sstin.jpg (26KB, 779x588px) Image search: [Google]
sstin.jpg
26KB, 779x588px
>>8353331
If you're young, just find someone older who can actually encourage you to read some stuff you haven't yet. What is good about some girls it is that they don't pretend to know things, like some other young kids here, that they don't.
>>
>>8365418
Men are varied like women are varied

Shit sucks man
>>
>>8365401
Hey now Anon, it's not my intention to just make you feel more uneasy. But I do recommend trying to hit up strange girls in situations where it's at least more socially open, such as at a party or get-together rather than when she's waiting for the bus. OR, and I do promote this the most, try to befriend girls first. Which you of course can try and do anywhere. There's a big difference in being friendly for the sake of friendship and obviously just trying to get laid.
Then again, I'm not American, as I think most this hour are, and this is of course very cultural.

>>8365409
I think above kinda answers it. I'd recommend being friendly, not flirtatious. Promote continued contact by inviting to a book circle or something rather than straight out proposing sleazy drinks.
>>
>>8353331
be Rimbaud
>>
>>8365441
The friend zone is a death zone
>>
>>8365468
The friend zone is a male myth. Either way, it sounds like high school-garbage, teenage drama.
>>
>>8365476
>male myth

Seriously what. Where are you from?
>>
O X F O R D
X
F
O
R
D
>>
>>8365441
>I'd recommend being friendly, not flirtatious.

This is really bad advice, and you obviously isn't a woman if you think it is.

Women think you actually want to be their friend if you act like a friend. If you want to fuck them, or be in a relationship with them, you cannot under any circumstances act like their brother or you're fucked.
>>
>>8365480
>>8365485
Look, just use common sense.
If a woman likes a man, would them being friends stop her considering a romance with him? Of course not, it'd just strengthen her feelings.
If a woman does not like a man, can she still be friends with him? Of course.

You can't end up in the "friend zone". It's just that either she likes you or she don't. You didn't end up in the friend zone because you were too friendly, you ended up there because she didn't want you as a romantic partner.
And by the way, the whole friend zone idea really illustrates how sex-focused men are. Maybe start seeing women as regular people once in a while, and not just a binary category of "willing to fuck me" vs. "not willing to fuck me". Read The Second Sex

I wish men would just go to prostitutes or something and get their reptile minds at least momentarily softened so you can start treating women like people too.
>>
>>8365504
>If a woman likes a man, would them being friends stop her considering a romance with him?

Pretty much yeah. Women have no problem having men around them but keeping the deliberately distant because they like having men's attention in general.

>If a woman does not like a man, can she still be friends with him?

Lol no. That's just naive. Are you actually friends with people you don't like? Sounds fucking retarded tbqh.
>>
>>8365513
>Are you actually friends with people you don't like?
Are you actually to retarded to understand what she meant by "like"?
>>
>>8365485
You need to be dom and they either match your dom or exceed it or fall under it. its up to you to decide how dom you want you man.
>>
>>8365513
Like ROMANTICALLY, Anon.
And didn't I just a few minutes ago write a whole post about the dislike of that sort of male attention? But hey, believe what you want. I'm not here to try and force-feed you red-pill-antidotes. Just being as honest as I can be answering what you ask me.
>>
>>8365522
>to retarded
Good job, me.
>>
File: 1460903736196 (1).jpg (197KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1460903736196 (1).jpg
197KB, 633x758px
is femanon qt 3.14?
>>
>>8365523
What language is this?
>>
File: 1449593709027.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1449593709027.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>8365536
Dom = dominant
>>
>>8365359
babies arent /lit/ dude.
>>
>>8365543
Yeah it wasn't the individual words that I didn't understand.
>>
File: Family.webm (730KB, 800x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Family.webm
730KB, 800x1040px
>>8365546
Nonsense. I'll have a son and read him Dante for bed time stories.
>>
>>8365558
jesus that movie kills me.
>>
File: 1020209494492.jpg (135KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
1020209494492.jpg
135KB, 800x531px
>>8365546
>>8365558
>implying you don't want this

>>8365376
Get your dick ready
>>
>>8365554
if you tell anyone.. about our little secret.. ill kill your dog.
>>
File: 1461475271551.jpg (72KB, 529x401px) Image search: [Google]
1461475271551.jpg
72KB, 529x401px
>>8365567
my dick is always ready.
>>
File: 136000284451.jpg (143KB, 644x800px) Image search: [Google]
136000284451.jpg
143KB, 644x800px
>>8365566
It's such a cute baby too

Having a big family is as /lit/ as it gets. Tolstoy is an inspiration.
>>
>>8365525
>Like ROMANTICALLY, Anon.

So, you actually have male friends that you "love" but would never have sex with because you find them unattractive?

Seems like bogus to me. I sincerely doubt a woman associates with men she finds actually ugly, or repulsive.
>>
File: 1461213390191.jpg (20KB, 480x341px) Image search: [Google]
1461213390191.jpg
20KB, 480x341px
>>8365582
>>8365567
>>8365558
seriously keep the god damn babies out of this.
>>
>>8365584
It's okay that you ignored my previous question. You answered it implicitly.
>>
>>8365584
Well there's a lot of middle ground between "wanting for a romantic partner" and "repulsive". Sometimes maybe you just don't feel you have enough in common, or that you have different ambitions. I really do think you have a rather teen outlook on this, everything isn't so black and white.
>>
>>8365594
Maybe you as an individual don't enjoy that kind of attention, but don't think you're representing the female gender in that regard.
>>
>>8365604
>everything isn't so black and white.

Except it usually is. It's a fallacy to assume there is a middle ground to everything in life. Some things are simply black and white.
>>
>>8365605
I'm not representing the female gender at all because I'm not a woman. (I'm >>8365522)
>>
>>8365611
Well, believe what you want.
>>
>>8365616
It really isn't about what I want to believe. It's what I've observed and experienced living for 27 years.

Maybe you've had a different experience, but in my experience, women will jump through hoops to be with someone they find attractive, even if the person in question has some seriously bad personality traits, and they will ignore others who are upstanding people but less attractive.

This is simply fact.
>>
>>8355715

jesus dude, i'm too young to regret this hard
>>
>>8365632
As do men. Going after shallow and ditzy, but highly physically attractive females, not considering the ugly ones. It's a human thing, not a female one. It can't really be blamed either, I think. Everyone for their own.
>>
>>8365504
>If a woman likes a man, would them being friends stop her considering a romance with him? Of course not

You know that is not true. I've been friends with enough girls and talked with them about boys to know that a lot more goes on with courting then just this. A girl can be interested in you and you can do something to make them not interested in you. Depending on the girl, if you become friends with her and don't make a move, you may accidentally be showing her you are not interested and she goes and dates someone else because other things are going on.

Use common sense, it is completely possible for "really, you used to like me? I would have gone out with you instead of x. You should have said something" to happen.

More over, it could be that a girl wants a boy to be assertive, and if he isn't she will lose interest. I'm sure you have seen relationships go sour over this, it happens during courting too if courting is dragged out because the boy isn't being assertive

>You didn't end up in the friend zone because you were too friendly
Too friendly here means never making a move

There is some miscommunication going on in this thread.
>>
>>8365632
This is what ugly people tell themselves to give themselves an excuse to not bother with girls because they're afraid.
>>
>>8365584
Not her, but you are an idiot.Just because somebody isn't ugly doesn't mean you have to want to fuck them, you lizard-brained degenerate.
>>
>>8365645
>females
>>
>>8365645
It really isn't a "human thing", because men are responsible for courting, and women are simply the receivers of men's advances, so nothing romantic or sexual is ever going to happen unless a women acquiesces to this happening.

Anything that happens in the sexual sphere is entirely up to women, they have all the power in this regard.

A man can want to "go after shallow and ditzy, but physically attractive females" all he wants, nothing's going to happen unless she finds him attractive.
>>
>>8365657
>are responsible for courting, and women are simply the receivers of men's advances
Citizen of the united saudiarabia of america detected.
>>
>>8365650
>This is what ugly people tell themselves to give themselves an excuse to not bother with girls because they're afraid.

I'm not afraid at all, I'm bored of being rejected.
>>
>>8365665
>Citizen of the united saudiarabia of america detected.

Nope, Norwegian.
>>
>>8365673
>>8365666
>>8365665
>>8365656
>>8365646
>>8365611
>Green text
>No greentext?
>Greentext
>>
>>8365646
>Depending on the girl, if you become friends with her and don't make a move, you may accidentally be showing her you are not interested and she goes and dates someone else because other things are going on.
>Use common sense, it is completely possible for "really, you used to like me? I would have gone out with you instead of x. You should have said something" to happen.

Obviously you need to "make a move" if and when you want to go from the friendship to something else, you can't just magically expect other people to read your mind and emotions. How can you expect otherwise? That's not you being "friend-zoned", that's you being friends with a female, and not telling her anything about what you want.
Jesus, am I just being baited right now?

Nah, I'm done with this thread. This American-male teenage drama bullshit where everything spells out like an inverted Disney drama. Talk to real adult women, in real life, try and open your minds, try seeing individuals, try seeing complexity and not meme like stereotypes where the two genders come from different planets. Or read more books by women, and I don't mean Twilight.
But this isn't my battle.
>>
>>8365673
>scando-sluts never making advances
You're just too ugly Ole.
>>
>>8365699
>You're just too ugly Ole.

Might be.
>>
There are some fine ass digits in this thread, many of them mine.
>>
>>8365694
>Obviously you need to "make a move"
Again, that was the miscommunication going on in this thread. I wasn't advocating for it.
>>
I can usually tell when a girl is showing interest, for example if she's asking if I have a girlfriend, or would date someone from her race.

The problem is I always have a panic attack when this happens, causing me to run off and cry in my room.
>>
>>8365703
Where you from now fellow snowbro?

i look pretty great but im creepy and weird, so it doesnt really matter.

any books abbout this? Im just a repellant person, both to men and women
>>
>tfw no qt illiterate gf

I don't need an opinionated bitch desu
>>
>>8365810
I'm from South-east Norway, and I am pretty ugly tbqh. I have had girlfriends in the past, but they usually run to the next best thing after a while.
>>
>>8364911
Giovannis Room is really good. Found my best deals there.

The last bookshop is pretty decent.

There's one record shop that actually has a really good selection of books although their prices are pretty meh.
>>
>>8365253
Det hade jag tyckt om. Vill du skicka chipsen?
>>
>>8365818
Shouldn't be hard to find one. Most girls (well, most people) don't read, and the ones that do, read Twilight and Hunger Games.
>>
>>8366234
Du är inte jag.
>>
>>8358498
Definetly a pasta, I've read the antiintellectual brutal environment before
>>
>>8355628
Fuck off Bateman
>>
squareheads btfo by the superior mediterranean aesthetics

nords on suicide watch
>>
>>8366807
Irrelevant.
Thread posts: 224
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.