[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Female Fantasy Protagonists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

Are there any fantasy novels with female protagonists where they're not some kind of edgy assassin, constantly in danger of getting raped or a victim of arbitrary injustice?
>>
All I can think of is the Dark Materials series and Sabriel by Garth Nix. They're more aimed more YA though
>>
>>8353211
The Scar, Un Lun Dun and Embassytown by China Mieville

Witches books by Terry Pratchett
>>
Howl's Moving Castle and House of Many Ways by Diana Wynne Jones
>>
>>8353211
Mary the Virgin from The Bible
>>
You should read my Sci fi series. Plenty of strong female protagonists who aren't assassins, in danger of being raped, or victims of arbitrary injustice. The first book introduces the universe I built but the second kicks shit in to high gear. Book 2 out late this month/early September. New book every 3-4 months after.
You asked for it, I'm delivering.

https://www.amazon.com/Fusion-Heart-STAR-EPIC-Book-ebook/dp/B01G0TOU14
>>
File: The_Pride_of_Chanur.jpg (39KB, 318x469px) Image search: [Google]
The_Pride_of_Chanur.jpg
39KB, 318x469px
>>8353211
How about starship captains?
>>
File: feels.png (5KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
5KB, 645x773px
>tfw the protagonist of your historical fantasy series ticks off the OPs boxes, but you can't find an agent to represent you
>>
>>8353211
Geneviève from the Anno Dracula series.
>>
>>8353428
>he unknowingly attracts the eye and heart of Akiko Chiyo, a world famous sentient artificial intelligence
Wat. How do you even attract the heart of an AI?

>>8353608
What is the story about?
>>
>>8353428
>https://www.amazon.com/Fusion-Heart-STAR-EPIC-Book-ebook/dp/B01G0TOU14

I read the first couple pages and noticed multiple grammar/punctuation mistakes in the first paragraph alone. I also found the prose to be very lacking.

The introduction also had every meme in the book.

Dropped for now, but I wish you luck, anon. I may read more at some point in the future to give you an honest review.
>>
>>8354069
She's sentient and he does something to stand out.
>>
>>8353428
I ain't gonna lie anon, the description of the book is compelling. But a 16 years old Japanese girl AI? World famous for music? Miku Hatsune? And she notices the protag?
Really? It's literally THEE book for neckbeards.
>>
>>8354069
>What is the story about?

A demigoddess raised by Vikings is charged by Baldr with the task of destroying the Roman Emperor, and the goddess who gives him his strength. First book is her coming of age, subsequent books have her going out into the world (and other worlds) to accomplish her task.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 300x300px
>>8354582
She factors largely in the first book but her involvement afterwards isn't as influential. Miku? Sure. I wrote the book in 2009 when she was a little more fringe. My contribution was having to "flesh" out her personality and backstory to make her an interesting cyberpunk-esque character. It took some real effort to make her more than a gimmick.
>>
Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie
>>
It's weeb stuff but the Moribito and Twelve Kingdoms novels have good female protagonists
>>
>>8353211
Orphans of Chaos by John C Wright
>>
Mists of Avalon
>>
>>8353211
only one i know of is from the shit show that is "the icemark chronicles."
>>
>>8354598
Sounds pretty hype anon. I'd read it before that other dude's 16yo animu AI love story.
>>
>>8353616
Top Kek
I'm bumping this thread just for you.
>>
>>8355457
It's a good story and it's the first book in an 11 book series for middle grade and teen readers. I essentially wrote them for my now 13 year old neice. Post a disposable email address and I'll send you a free copy of the first book. IF... You like it, I can always use positive reviews on Amazon. Deal?
As a bonus, the first chapter of the second book is at the end
>>
>>8355258
But Mists of Avalon was boring. At least, I got to the halfway point and it seemed that way. Should I have kept going?

OP, there are quite a few but the only ones I can think of are YA if you're down with that.
>>
>>8355744
Not the anon from before, but I'm also interested in your story. If you'd be willing to send, I'd love to read it.

[email protected]
>>
>>8355891
Sent. Enjoy. IF... You like it, leave a review. The ending has a big twist.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.