[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Journalism thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Later this week I'm going to write for a jazz magazine as a reporter of a 4 day long jazz festival. The plan is to write it in gonzo style. I have the accommodation and the booze sorted. Do you have any resources or tips for me about writing in gonzo?
>>
Please don't
>>
>>8352407
Well read some of hunter's books, analyse his style, his method, find inspiration in other styles of literature or in other authors of gonzo, don't forget that it's still a work of journalism, you have to expose informations, the subjective tone is here to help you make the reading easier, re-create an overall atmosphere, and to allow a more subjective analysis. Also don't forget that the film really focuses on drugs with Johnny Depp overacting as always, so... keep in mind to not do too much. Nothing much else to say...good luck.

How did you get into journalism ? I want to be journalist latter, I'm still a student rn
>>
>>8352407
Make sure you don't write about jazz unless you know what you're talking about
>>
>>8352422
>>8352422
>>8352422
>>
>>8353285
Fuck off reddit
>>
>>8353383
edgy
>>
>>8353285
what student are you atm? You got any ideas what kind of journalist you want later on?
>>
>>8352422
>>8353346
these
>>
>jazz
Go back to lebbit
>>
wway to fall 4 the b8 f8gts
>>
>>8353383
I get it, it's Reddit because it's content and not shitposting.
>>
Practicing journalist with a degree and everything here. Please don't. I have so many friends who tried, and 99 times out of 100 it's garbage. Hunter got away with it because he was brilliant, and it was kinda becoming fashionable at the time. It isn't in fashion now and it's fuck hard to pull off. If you really are going to insist on doing it, ask yourself what effect being drunk and including yourself actually contributes to the text.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.