[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one reason you haven't read everything on pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Getyourshitstraightstarterkit.jpg (228KB, 780x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Getyourshitstraightstarterkit.jpg
228KB, 780x1200px
Give me one reason you haven't read everything on pic related yet.

Start with the Greeks? Ha!
Why would you start there when you aren't going to understand shit beyond prose?
>>
File: nig.png (486KB, 469x463px) Image search: [Google]
nig.png
486KB, 469x463px
>Start with the Greeks? Ha!
>>
>>8352113

Don't get me wrong, you should certainly read the Greeks. You need to actually understand what you're reading though and if you don't have some homework done you won't benefit nearly as much
>>
>>8352105
What the fuck is this?
>>
>>8352105
wtf?
>>
>>8352274

Literally "Red-pill me on myth and philosophy": The list
>>
>>8352105
that list is for people who don't read.

that is the summer reading list of 19 yo girls interested in new age spirituality.

those are all the presumed 'essentials' of mythology for people who have never stepped into a university library.

all those books are on my grandmothers bookshelf.
>>
>>8352293
>if "red-pill" means read what has been approved by academics for public consumption, is printed by wholesale publishers, and lines the shelves of every barnes and noble in the world
>>
>>8352327
>>8352347

>Provides no alternatives

Look at these shills
>>
>>8352105
Yeah, I read a bunch of Campbell and Jung when I was still in college-prep / 'High school' and big into mythology and religion. Also read some Eliade in my Religious studies class.

But in the end, for me, Jung+Campbell really reduces mythology by 'psychologizing' it, if that makes sense to you? That's why I eventually moved my focus on to other things.

Also, I quit smoking weed and doing shrooms. I assume that was also a factor.
>>
>>8352444
>I quit smoking weed and doing shrooms

Are you me? Also, why would you do that? They give great insight
>>
>>8352460
Sure, I wouldn't be without my psy experiences. But they were not a healthy endeavour for me in the end.
>>
>>8352347
Actually I'm pretty sure that Freud and Jung have been discredited and maybe even Campbell (dunno bout him). Also check out some academic critique of the white Goddess: it is considered trash.
>>
>>8352486

Freud and Jung were absolutely right about the existence of the unconscious. Their findings were of course tainted by their personal views, Freud especially, but they've made an enormous contribution to psychology and began the precursor to neurosciences. They are essential even if they are dated
>>
based
>>
>>8352105
what exactly is there to not understand?
>>
>>8352486
Campbell hasn't been discredited, I've been recommended "Hero With A Thousand Faces" 6 or 7 times in high school and university. Also tv writers seem to like it, Dan Harmon talks about it plenty
>>
>>8354478
>he doesn't know discursive disambiguation

never going to make it fampois
>>
File: Trimalchio.jpg (3MB, 1590x4400px) Image search: [Google]
Trimalchio.jpg
3MB, 1590x4400px
>not starting with the Divine Attributes of the Lesser Primordial
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.