[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best books for understanding the sub conscious mind?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

What are the best books for understanding the sub conscious mind?
>>
Subconscious is a spook
>>
Jung
>>
>>8351141
The concept of a 'spook' is a spook
>>
>>8351147
+1.

And unconscious*
>>
>>8351227
>>8351147
what books would you recommend by carl jung? I saw a copy of "man and his symbols" at someone's house the other day, and I happen to be interested in sub conscious and unconscious or whatever you want to call it, and dreams already, so naturally I went and ordered it. I'm very "new" to Jung though, and it would be nice to actually know a good place to start with his works.
>>
Lacan
The unconscious is structured like a language desu!
>>
>>8351249
the 'portable jung' anthology edited by Joseph Campbell is good, desu!
>>
>>8351257
Fuck no. Lacan is batshit crazy and an intro text to him would save you the headache of navigating his obscurantist shite. Especially if you don't know French.
>>
>>8351519
Yeh, I feel u famalam. Lacan is interesting, but not a great place to start getting into psychoanalysis.
>>
>>8351135
"The mind illuminated" is rather good on this subject. But it's more of a practical guide of meditation provided with some explanations of the mind's workings.
>>
Finnegans wake
>>
Definitely Lacan's 'Ecrits' as long as you are already familiar with Freud and others. There are also a number of good works which comment on and apply Lacan's ideas rendering them easier to understand.
>>
>>8351135
The unconscious is not a 'mind', retard.

Freud -> Lacan
>>
>>8351257

>The unconscious is structured like a language desu!

wrong, language has structured our unconcious
>>
>>8351135

Everything Sigmund Freud
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.