[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into Fast Writing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Jessica-Amaral-bumbum-37.jpg (263KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Jessica-Amaral-bumbum-37.jpg
263KB, 700x1050px
I hate taking 6 months to write 45 thousand words.

My dream is to shit-write a novel every month so my chances of getting a hit multiply by 6.

How do I into writing faster, /lit/? I have countless ideas for novels but I just take way too long with my writing. My dream is to write a 800 pages master piece to explain human experience but that'd take me 5 years in my current pace.

What should I do?
>>
>>8350400
nanowrimo
>>
>>8350400
Why is your writing to slow to begin with? Most slow writers write slow because they're perfectionists. If this is the case, then you just have to convince yourself that the first draft of anything you write is going to be shit. That way, you can just write and write without worrying about whether it sucks or not, because it's supposed to.

But different people have different creative styles. personally, i like to put my work through at least seven drafts, so an ~80,000 word book is currently taking me 3 years to develop the final manuscript. Writing slow may just be the way you're programmed to create things. If the final product lives up to your expectations, you have nothing to worry about.

>>8350585
fuck nanowrimo

if you can;t motivate yourself, you shouldnt be writing. it's a solitary craft
>>
>>8350400
I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the human experience.
>>
>>8350400

But man, dat ass
>>
>>8350604
>if you can;t (sic) motivate yourself, you shouldnt (sic) be writing. it's (sic) a solitary craft
You're an idiot.
>>
>>8350400
Write like pic related is your biggest fan and will have a prolonged sexual liasion after you finish each book. You'll start cranking them out.
>>
>>8351201
>oh wow I sure did done showed him bro!

remove trip and kill yourself
>>
I have read interviews and articles on authors who use a pretty efficient method. Ayn Rand, Ian Flemming, Tom Clancy, Jeffrey Deaver and Sebastian Faulks work this way.

Its all about lots of planning and research. Start with your plot and theme, what you want to say in the novel and how you will go about it. Then start your research and creating chacters to dramatize what you are trying to say.

Then you start your draft in the grossest ssence, begining, middle and end. From there draft the whole thing scene for scene giving two or three paragraphs to each scene. At this point you can work on your story beats to make it move in a logical and entertaining way, making sure everything works and hangs together.

Then at this point Flemming would write the scenes in he morning. Then going back to reread and edit in the afternoon, then look at his next scene in his notes to give himself something think about overnight.
>>
>>8350400
write a shit first draft. go back and edit instead of editing as you go. At least try to write a full page before going back to edit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.