[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good book recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 4981.jpg (41KB, 311x475px) Image search: [Google]
4981.jpg
41KB, 311x475px
Is this worth reading or is it just hype? Also what are some other books I should look into or that you would suggest? I have some free time off work and need to read something.
>>
Short read and a good intro to post-modernism, give it a go mate. TCoL49 is probably what you'd want to go with immediately after, but it's up to your tastes
>>
>>8349477

>sh5 qualifies as postmodern

explain?
>>
>>8349481
Book within a book, unconventional narrative structure, unreliable narrator. Also has pretty pictures inside.
>>
>>8349470
I thought it was worth the read. Not a spectacular book, but it had some good moments.
>>
Its fun, cheeky, witty, whatever. Vonnegut isnt capital G great literature but he is a rare combination of very intelligent light comedy reading. Should only take you a couple of days at most anyway.
>>
>>8349756
>A couple of days
Are you serious or is this a very short copy-pasta?
>>
>>8349776
Im assuming he is a very casual reader if he's asking about Vonnegut. Notice I said "at most". I know youre really proud of yourself bud but try to relax a lil
>>
Read it and read Sirens of Titan
>>
It's good, especially as an intro to his better works like God Bless You Mr. Rosewater, Cat's Cradle, Galápagos, and Sirens of Titan. Another work of his that gets absolute no mention on here that I've ever seen (except from me) is God Bless You, Dr. Kevorkian. It's a pretty fantastic piece with Vonnegut playing the role of a journalist taking trips to heaven and back via lethal injection and resuscitation performed by Dr. Kevorkian. Each time he dies he meets and interviews a different historical person in heaven, from the incrediblt obscure to the likes of Shakespeare (if I remember correctly), and Hitler.
>>
His best is definitely Mother night. It has all his trademarks and really tight. I read almost all of his works.
>>
Probably one of my favorite novels ever. Definitely read it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.