[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what did you think of it? did you love it? did you hate it? and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: munro.jpg (33KB, 287x450px) Image search: [Google]
munro.jpg
33KB, 287x450px
what did you think of it? did you love it? did you hate it? and why?
>>
>>
>>8347987
why is this Elmer's glue bottle holding our book
>>
A much, much, much shittier Chekov. Holy fuck Munro is garbage.
>>
>>8348038
kill yourself
>>
>>8348038
You're garbage.
>>
>>8347982
Her stories are as boring and tedious as listening to a woman talk for more than a minute.
>>
>>8348081
>Anonymous
>08/01/16(Mon)19:28:45 No.8348078
> >>8348038 #
> kill yourself
>...
>Anonymous
>08/01/16(Mon)19:29:23 No.8348079
> >>8348038 #
> You're garbage.
>>
>>8348038
lies
>>
File: rosa-luxemburg.jpg (75KB, 903x1047px) Image search: [Google]
rosa-luxemburg.jpg
75KB, 903x1047px
>>8348081
seek more intelligent companions?
>>
>>8347982
my ancestors lived in the town that she based her stories on. they were poor drunks. i havent read her stories though.
>>
>>8348710
they lived there at the same time as her as well, i meant to say
>>
>>8347982
All of her stories read the same, even when they really shouldn't. She's not my cup of tea, but for some of my friends she's a comfort read.
>>
>>8348078
>>8348079
>>8348116
>>8348139
Calm down OP. We know you're there. Also, please tell me how Munro is not directly a descendant of Chekhovean realism but with shitty "muh Canadian woman doing muh Canadaian contemplative things with muh pretty, simple" prose. Her shit is repetitive. Her style is easily imitable, and easily found elsewhere. And, so far as I have read any of her collections (up to three now) she has not said a single interesting thing. Like holy fuck I'll just read a god damn Mary Oliver poem or a John Cheever collection if I want deeper, domestic as fuck insights. Absolutely dispensable, uninteresting writer gawked about and canonized by an industry hopped up on what's salable more so than what is endurable. If a writer wants to work in the realm of realism, they gotta come in swinging with harder punches than what this woman has going.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.