[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy. Shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (61KB, 270x388px)
image.jpg
61KB, 270x388px
Holy.

Shit.
>>
Truly the meme worth following
>>
>>8346615
Is Gaddis a meme?
>>
I've got a feeling that this book is just a boring meme. JR sounds pretty good but i'll pass on this one family.
>>
>>8346638
You're a boring meme.
>>
>>8346638
this is his magnum opus though
>>
>>8346684

>More pages =/= magnum opus.
>>
>>8346638
pretty much this
>>
>>8346638

>I've got a feeling that this book is just a boring meme.

i've got a feeling that this pseud is never even going to finish reading it.
>>
is The Recognitions the "Zeitgeist" of literature? Sure seems like it.
>>
>>8346987
Because of what?
>>
>>8346987
It WAS the Zeitgeist of literature; that's why all the critics hated it.
>>
>>8347001
>>8347003
isn't Zeigeist about the same stuff though?

le mithraism etc etc
>>
An anon here once said it was a Christian novel.

But without having read it, it seems more like he's critiquing most of (western) Christianity.
>>
>>8347018
It can be read either way. It is no doubt a criticism of Christians, and the Church especially. While there are several jabs at Christ himself, the book laments a lack of Christian virtue.
>>
holy shit. as in holy shit the last 300 pages of this book make me wanna fucking blow my brains out because it's so boring and repetitive. wyatts nuts. Stanleys nuts. everyone's fucking crazy. look what living a shitty life does to you boo fucking hoo. do not read this book it is a waste of time. if anything just read the parts where people are at the parties or wyatts dad is in it. only parts worth a damn.
>>
>>8347190
JR sounds like the only good Gaddis

his later stuff seems objectively shit

> I sue you
> So sue me
> xDDDDDDDD

And if Gass keeps trying to attach his name to The Recognitions than it's probably a sign to stay away (Gass is shit).
>>
>>8347372
a frolic of his own is dope too and carpenters Gothic.
>>
>>8347378
They don't seem good and are only read because the very same man wrote JR and The Recognitions.
>>
>>8347383
damn you are dumb lol
>>
>>8347387
It's literally rehashed Beckett.

Who cares?
>>
>>8347504
>absolute madman
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.