[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discussing your own writing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

I'm new to /lit/ and was wondering if it was a good place to discuss my own writing and ideas.

I used to be in a Discord writing group but it turned into a carnival of drama and nothing ever got done. So I was wanted to know if /lit/ is the place to talk about your own writing and if not, what good sites are there to do so?
>>
>>8346583

I'm terrified of letting people pick apart my writing. Also any writing forums invariably get taken over by egomaniacs looking for others to fuel their egos and tearing down anyone who even slightly disagrees with them.

Make a few close friends that share the hobby and stay away from the online cesspits.
>>
>>8346593

I tried to have that. It's what the mentioned Discord group was at first. Then friends invited friends that invited friends and it turned into exactly that, a nest of egomaniacs.

I don't take criticism personally and that's why I wish to find some sort of community. My closest friends are not really into writing, let alone discussing mine.
>>
File: orzhov guildmage.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
orzhov guildmage.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
>>8346583
Orzhov is best guild.
>>
>>8346663

You know it. Though I also do love me some Dimir
>>
>>8346583
Here I wrote this just a second ago.. Ahem..
Suck a dick dumbshit
>>
>>8346672

How insightful.
>>
>>8346583
Absolutely. There's usually a critique thread up or if you want to find some specific people there's plenty of writers here. I usually say you should look around in your own town and have face to face meetings.
>>
>>8346583
this board isn't awful for finding someone to critique your work. Trying to do it with people you know in person is much better.

I know how hard it is to find people. I kinda had a thing going at my high school, but everyone was younger than me and really bad at writing and super defensive of their work.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.