[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Undergrad fag here, I need help narrowing down to a topic for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (183KB, 500x613px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183KB, 500x613px
Undergrad fag here,

I need help narrowing down to a topic for my Honors Thesis. Thus far, I have a few ideas brainstormed, but they're far in between and equally dense, each easily requiring a semesters worth of work to determine if it would be feasible and fruitful to continue studying toward the greater goal of formulating my thesis. So, which of these ideas is practicality implausible for an undergad to see to the end (I already have a full course load, a tutoring position, and plenty of campus involvement on my plate), or just plain bad to pursue? Is there any way I can fuse these ideas together so I can research across disciplines and not narrow myself into the standard academic approach I'm taking? Is there any one of these focuses that immediately sticks out as golden? Are their any tips or points of concern my fellow /lit/izens would like to extend or pose to me? Any and all help will be appreciated.

Here's what I got so far (or, rather, what I'm most interested in):
- A long-form study of Ulysses
- Humanism in Rabelais's Gargantuan and Pantagruel
- The Development of Surrealism in Abstract Writing (basically tracing the French symbolists up through Dada, Breton, and to Barthelme, maybe even Saunders, to see how Surrealism effects contemporary fiction)
- Squaring the Moderns: Interplays between Hegel's Phenomenology of the Spirit and Kant's Critique of Pure Reason
- The Philosophy of Foucault
- The Philosophy of Deleuze and Guattari
- Adorno's Aesthetics: How do we define art?
- Is Ulysses a Meme? (I'd explore Ulysses canonization, it's reputation as "that" book, and what it means ro be a meme)
- Proust's Project (where I'll do a sort of New Criticism exploration of In Search of Lost Time)

Again, thanks anons.
>>
Do the Kantegel one and get wrecked
>>
>>8342563
Idk OP these all sound pretty intensive, as a thesis should. I'd go for one of the single text focused ones. That way your reading list won't be massive.
>>
>>8342601
OP here,

Yeah I'm kind of worried I'll bite off a bit more than I can chew with the philosopher focused ones, the Rabelais, or the Surrealism one.
>>
Drop out.
>>
Do 1 or 8
>>
"Is Ulysses a meme?"
You must use this as your title this is brilliant
>>
>"Is Ulysses a meme?"
Nice b8 m8
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.