[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw no classical education

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

>tfw no classical education
>>
Great thread, thank you.
>>
So what? Educate yourself.
>>
>>8342450
Education was a mistake.
t. sage
>>
tfw they tried to talk me into AP Greek back in high school, but I thought it sounded too gay
oh well at least I took Latin, so I got the Roman half of the classical education
>>
Could be worse op, i have a classic education and work a blue collar job.

My coworkers don't even know what latin is.
>>
No one wants you to be perfect, anon.
>>
>>8342455
This, I started teaching myself latin, it's great fun.
>>
Due to my lack of Classical education, I don't feel compatible with this planet, although I feel I have my own structured idea of what the world should be and what my ideal world would be. I'm not depressed and suicidal, I'm more of an idealist who's starved of any sort of satisfaction, and indeed it's left me with a deep seated resentment and dissatisfaction with life. Most of the time I'm just bombarded with thoughts of how much I hate myself, because of how my thoughts have betrayed me, how they've misguided me into saying something regrettable. That's one way I really relate to the Greeks, is that I feel that my own thoughts betray me, in the foray of existence I'm forced, by any principles of living for the sake of living, to live through.
>>
>>8344795
smoke a blunt and lift heavy weights
>>
>>8344795
stop trying to force memes fag
>>
>>8344795
If you'd allow me to go on a little rant, I feel this way all the time, that's why I'm so interested in a classical education. In a sort of vague way, I feel so many parallels in my life to the life that Oedipus lives in the mythos of Sophokles, just without the fear of fucking my own mother. . I feel so depressed that I have to live among other humans, it seems to me like they're all empty minded simpletons whenever I look around, then I think about the superficiality and uselessness of all of the information that I'm able to process. I don't mean to sound conceited, even though I guess I am, I really believe that I don't know how to enjoy living in a world where I never fit in in the first place.
>>
>>8344817
make bank big head nigga
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.