[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think of House of Leaves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (298KB, 1104x1475px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
298KB, 1104x1475px
What does /lit/ think of House of Leaves?
>>
>DUDE BORGES LMAO
>>
>>8339849

Why does nobody ever talk about the first two books in the trilogy?
>>
>>8339849
meh
>>
>>8340368
I'll bite. What trilogy includes Mark Z. Danielewski's >House of Leaves?
>>
>>8340723
Jesus, why didn't his parents or grandparents have the common decency to anglofy their last name.
>>
File: trilogy.png (207KB, 990x435px) Image search: [Google]
trilogy.png
207KB, 990x435px
>>8340723

Well now I feel like a jerk for setting this up, but here you go
>>
>>8339849
I enjoyed it. The story of the house by far exceeds the framing story.
>>
>>8340770
>>8340723

Here is a pretty wallpaper by way of recompense
>>
has anyone read any of the familiar? how is it?
>>
>>8339849

Can /lit/ recommend it?
Or is it just a bic pile of crap like some say.
>>
Pretentious as all hell

>ooo look at me I'm a labyrinth how novel
>>
>>8339849
I loved that shit, it's one of the books that made me interested in making my own epistolary fiction. Only difference is mine is not popular, less pretentious and far worse.
>>
>>8340821
I'm currently reading volume two. It's typical Danielewski; lots of playing around with style and typography. I can think of worse ways to pass the hours.

Also parentheses. So many parentheses.
>>
>>8340832
It's good fun, especially if you're having a nervous breakdown

>>8340840
Also true.
>>
It's pretentious garbage, but if you're into that, then go for it.
>>
>>8339849

Navidson Record is tight, the rest is AIDS.
>>
File: Missing House Of Leaves.png (225KB, 817x3580px) Image search: [Google]
Missing House Of Leaves.png
225KB, 817x3580px
>>8339849
Got done reading this a night or two ago.
Overall I found it to be disappointing, but I don't regret reading it. It's an interesting book if only for it's "gimmicky" presentation. I felt at times that it should have been more focused, but even as I write that I can't quiet articulated what I mean by that. Like, those pages of pelican poems, were they necessary?
I think most of this book just went over my head, as sad as that may sound. If I had been more enraptured by it I feel like I could spend hours trying to make sense of the whole thing, even though there's most likely no sense to be made.
For example: a section of the footnotes spell out Mark's name and the first letters of a section out of Johnny's mother's letter spell out "Dear Zampano, who did you lose?"
It makes me think there's some puzzle to be solved in there, but is there really?
Probably.

tl;dr
I thought it was alright.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.