[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Read like a God

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: goog11.png (75KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
goog11.png
75KB, 500x332px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joUZpw93eqE

>tfw this skill can be trained
>tfw only 4-15 kids can be trained
>tfw still read every single word
>tfw so dumb
>tfw future wagecuck
>>
File: 1469498319480.jpg (250KB, 1024x708px) Image search: [Google]
1469498319480.jpg
250KB, 1024x708px
>They're very honorable people
Surely, the Japanese would never lie to us.
>>
>>8337750
there is an undeniable pleasure in slow reading, philosophical works and dense literature practically demands to be read slow and to be thoroughly digested.
>>
>>8337750
what a bunch of bullshit
>>
>>8337750
What's with this obsession with speed reading? Do you not like reading?

Books that can be effectively speed read are not worth reading.
>>
>>8337949
>Books that can be effectively speed read are not worth reading.

That's bullshit m8
>>
>>8337949
Actually, no, because if you speed-read, then the book enthused you into the story and you want more.
>>
File: yui_strawberry.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yui_strawberry.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
>>8337750
I tried learning speed reading many years ago, but after I read a book which I had to put down every couple of pages to give myself time to reflect on the contents I realised that once the literature reaches a certain degree of sophistication speed reading becomes useless. The bottleneck isn't how fast you can cram words into your brain but how well your brain can process the meaning of what is being read.

It's like going to an art gallery, but instead of pausing at each painting or sculpture on display to take the time required to fully appreciate the artistry and meaning in the work, you run through the whole gallery, only catching blurry glimpses. The amateur works will look the same as the masterpieces, and you won't be able to tell the difference.

Speed reading is only useful if you are reading light literature that doesn't take much effort to comprehend. Or put another way, the less there is to critically evaluate in a given work, the easier speed reading becomes.

Learn to read right, not fast.
>>
>>8337868
this

>>8337949
I wouldnt say "not worth reading", but not worth much attention.

usually when I want to read some fiction I just try to speed read it, its not like it requires you to sit for a minute and think, and most has shitty dialogues
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.