[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had an argument tonight with my sister, and I think I ended

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: tfw.jpg (97KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
97KB, 640x640px
I had an argument tonight with my sister, and I think I ended our friendship because of it. I won't go into the details, but basically, I think I am too brutally honest for my own good, and I can't help but tell a person how I feel about them even if it hurts. She wouldn't help out our family situation despite making good money, and it angered me.

If it feels right, I do it. It bothers me too much to leave something like that alone.

So my question and the reason for posting this thread is, what kind of literature should I read to gain insight to help me with my problem, and social problems in general?

I'm not well read, I'm lazy, and generally a disappointing failure, and it weighs heavily upon me. I want to read any works you recommend and maybe get a different perspective on things.
>>
King Lear
>>
Oblomov
>>
>>8337514
if you like theater you should read the Misanthrope
>>
I like doggos, especially like OPs pic, recommend me a book
>>
You sound like a fucking chick, so I'm going to recommend John Green.
>>
>>8337514
>If it feels right, I do it. It bothers me too much to leave something like that alone.
So you give into impulses selfishly even if it caues pain not only to you but to others as well.

I'm gonna recommend "Everyone Poops". That seems like your level.
>>
>>8337514
NICE BLOGG WHRE DO I SUSCRIBE
>>
Same happened with one of my friends (my last ex) when I tried to explain to her that I affirm myself and regret nothing, setting myself aside from any labels other than those I choose. I guess she didn't like that I didn't regret that I broke her heart, even though I explained that while I don't regret it, I didn't like that I did and that causing her pain caused me pain too.

For fiction I'd go with Joyce; I'd rec you some nonfic but then this thread would degenerate into meming.
>>8337617
We all act selfishly.
>>
>>8337519
Not a bad one, though I doubt his sister would receive a comparison to King Lear well.

>>8337514
Maybe Letters from a Stoic? There's a letter on friendship and openness right near the beginning, and you don't really necessarily have to start with the Greeks for it if you don't want.
>>
File: 1463669104029.gif (873KB, 320x235px) Image search: [Google]
1463669104029.gif
873KB, 320x235px
>>8337514
>Friendship with sister
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.