[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have 50 dollars, help me decide what to buy next please.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I have 50 dollars, help me decide what to buy next please.
>>
>>8335900
save up, buy an e-reader, steal all your books off the internet.
>>
>>8335960
this desu, haven't bought a book in months
>>
>>8335900

50$ is nothing, anon. You better spend that at Betterworldbooks. First, go for the absolute classics, the long books, the philosophy books:

The Republic
Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus
Plato's dialogues
Nietzsche

Only then go for fiction
Divina Comedia
Moby Dick
The Brothers Karamazov
The stories by Nabokov and Kafka

I read 95% of you list and they are all good, but most of that can wait.

good luck
>>
>>8335970
>>8335960
Don't like doing that, want the books on my shelf.
>>
>>8336058
why
>>
>>8336078
Don't like reading on a kindle.
>>
I really want to spend the 50 dollars on the complete works of plato.
>>
>>8335977
>>8335900
unless you;ve taken a logic course dont bother with tractatus

i love it, but its very much a maths book
>>
>>8336137
>unless you;ve taken a logic course dont bother with tractatus
>i love it, but its very much a maths book
duly noted.
>>
>>8336104
That seems to be a common argument here. It's not one I really understand to be honest. Everybody likes the feel of a real book, but it's not like reading on an e-reader is that bad. However, I presume that you genuinely tried and don't like reading on an e-reader and that you're not being an autist who just wants to show off his collection.

As for your question what to read next. Looking at your list I see a lot of Wordsworth Classics. I'd avoid those. The translations are usually not the best and the quality and font-size are terrible. Everyman's Library is great from my experience but if you're short on money you can do better value-wise. As for the rest, just buy what you feel like reading, honestly. You're probably gravitating towards some books, just buy those and buy the rest when you get more money. That's all the advice I can give you.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.