[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writer's Block

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (169KB, 625x432px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 625x432px
I've been having problems with writer's block for a few months now. I was able to piss out a few words and form a shitty poem a week or so ago, but that's not enough. I'd like to get into short stories, screenplay, and eventually get into novel writing. What're some effective ways to get over this shit?
>>
Hard to help you. I have too many ideas to begin with. Try Adderall or marijuana. Adderall makes you write a lot, not good, but a lot. And marijuana wraps your intuition around your head, so you're surrounded by random sporadic self induced influences.
>>
File: image.jpg (133KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 900x900px
>>8333829
Don't listen to this guy, OP.

Drugs will not save you. It's a meme. I've tried it all. None of them helped. And I did try in excess.
Anyway,
write even if you don't feel like it, as often as is bearable to you. Even if it's silly garbage. You'll get into a routine and naturally things will spark, domino effect, etc. Good luck. Just need to gather some discipline and routine.
>>
do some reading, write anyway
>>
File: engine block eggs.jpg (31KB, 594x437px) Image search: [Google]
engine block eggs.jpg
31KB, 594x437px
>>8333795
post the shitty piss poem, OP
>>
Your writer's block can be blamed on the times; you're living in the most boring time to ever happen. You'll never write anything as exciting as Pound or Hemingway without being insincere.
>>
>>8333829
>Drugs
No.
Just take a break OP. Read some more. It'll come back.

>>8334076
>I live in a flyover state
k
>>
>>8334076
Indeed. Any non-existential literature in our times is superfluous
>>
>>8334076
How do we live in boring times? The world is reaching a breaking point and we're about to burst and fall into fascism and mass chaos again.

You don't realize this because you're probably too busy playing pokemon.
>>
>>8334652
>the world is racing towards a breaking point:
>economically
Boom and bust cycle, the recovery from the housing collapse was tremendous. Also, there are always poor people.
>politically
Reductio ad Hitlerum in some form has been used in every political election in a republic since Tarquin was deposed. In foreign affairs refugee crisis and terrorist bombing sprees have always created handwringing. The reaction to Islamists is similar to the reaction towards anarchists around the turn of the 20th century.
>racially
Huge spook, as is all the rest of the concerns except possibly
>Environmentally
But I live in the mountains in a flyover state, fuck those guys in the Maldives
>>
>>8333795
It's quite simple really you just have to stop being a little crybaby bitch.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.