[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it that the longest novel in English isn't even a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: cl.jpg (59KB, 340x550px) Image search: [Google]
cl.jpg
59KB, 340x550px
How is it that the longest novel in English isn't even a /lit/ meme?
Have you pseuds even read it?
>>
>>8332007
no because it's shit
>>
>>8332007
lord no. not every brit was a brit worth reading.
>>
>>8332025

>No he hasn't read it.
>"because it's shit"
>Hasn't read it

/lit/, the most intelligent board everyone.
>>
Sell it to me, OP.
>>
I've noticed /lit/ doesn't often have threads about 18th century literature except like Goethe and Voltaire
>>
>>8332007

It's not po-mo. It's not even mo. What's the point?
>>
>>8332050

It's a 1500 page epistolary novel.
By the end of it you'll be so adept at letter-writing that you'll be able to obtain anything you desire with nothing more than your pen.
>>
I read it for a university course. It's okay, but because of its ridiculous length I don't think it's worth it
>>
>>8332045
I read the reviews. that's what reviews are for. so you don't waste your time.
>>
It is now.

Thanks OP.
>>
>>8332074
fuck this, read humphry clinker instead.
>>
>>8332067
Frogs sperg out about Jane Austen being a roastie often enough
>>
>>8332067
18th century lit was gawky and misshapen and hardly anyone could write for shit. There were Sterne and Swift and some good poets but that's about it.
>>
>>8332007
there are countless 18th century English novels published by penguin that form so much of the literary trash heap of history. when I see a penguin spine at the thrift store I assume I'll recognize the book, or at least the author, but I live in the rural south and this is a frequent occurrence. why is this? did everyone think they could write well and had things worth passin on?
>>
>>8332189

Samuel Richardson's a highly esteemed and important author. Just because an image board doesn't meme about it doesn't mean he's obscure.
>>
>>8332189
I'm unfamiliar with this situation
can you remember any titles?
>>
>>8332007
Shouldn't a dance with the music of time be about twicw as long?
>>
File: R0013505.jpg (4MB, 3984x2656px) Image search: [Google]
R0013505.jpg
4MB, 3984x2656px
>>8332067
>no-one ever wants to talk about Rochester
>tfw
>>
>>8332131
>roastie
>>>/r9k/
And no, they sperg out because they're too fucking dumb to read Austen and they feel insecure about it
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.