[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many chapters does one have to read before one can drop a book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1c00898[1].jpg (496KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1c00898[1].jpg
496KB, 1000x667px
I'm 3 chapters into The Trial by Franz Kafka and I find myself absolutely bored while I'm reading it. There's nothing interesting going, no interesting characters and the prose is nothing special, from what I can tell it's like any other book. I want to drop it but at the same time I keep thinking it's going to get better later since it's on the /lit/ must read list.

Should I drop it? How many chapters do you give a book before you drop it?
>>
shut up loser
>>
You should at least get to the point where Kafka dropped it
>>
You can drop it, just realize that whenever it comes up in conversation, you will have to explain that you could not get further than about 50 pages into a sub 200-page book that is often taught in highschool.
>>
>>8328788
haha right, it's not a lot of time invested.
>>
>>8328746
You could. I'd call you a fucking plebeian as would anyone else after you tell them you were bored by one of the most entertaining books of the last 100 years.
>>
>>8328746
You can skip the 4. Chapter. The 5. Is really short and fun. 6 is important for the plot. 7 is interesting but you can skip that aswell. 8 is also really good and not that much since it isn't even finished. 9 is also important and then you read the ending.
My substitute teacher also dropped Trial but really enjoyed the Castle, so maybe try that; and the short stories are his best works so give them a try too.
>>
>>8328746

kill

youtself
>>
The Trial is hilarious, what's wrong with you?

Within the first 50 pages Leni compliments Josef's eyes and he just stands up and goes "Fucking degenerates everywhere." The first chapter he's getting arrested and he's worried about getting breakfast. He's a stupid dumb asshole and you're reading it wrong.
>>
man I'm 330 pages into angle of repose and I want to shoot myself. but I've had books redeem themselves from the ending alone. so I soldier on.
>>
>>8328746
>from what I can tell it's like any other book
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.