[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't understand/care, need help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: tbotd_fb.jpg (64KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
tbotd_fb.jpg
64KB, 300x400px
After i saw this book in the amazing movie "Into the Void" and in various artists favorite books list, and Thom fucking Yorke said something good about it, i decided to read it. But i'm not even halfway in and it's very boring, buddahead that buddadick that, does it get better? do i need tips to "get it", why so many great people love it, alice in wonderland seems better
>>
It's annoying how you refer to him as Thom fucking Yorke.
>>
>>8328721
>Thom fucking Yorke
What a weird hero to worship. You do your eyes like he does too?
>>
>>8328721
>being influenced by artists rather than intellectuals

S H I G G Y
>>
>>8328887
i don't want to become a square you know.

Here, smoke this
>>
>>8328721
>the amazing movie "Into the Void"
It was shit dude.
>>
>>8328721
Its only interesting as an anthropological look into a primitive and backward people.
>>
>>8328962
why was Hitler so successful then?
>>
>>8328721
It's a book that records visions acquired as a result of shamanic rituals. Take a heroic dose of mushrooms or ayahuasca in the right set and setting and you'll have an easier time "getting it".
>>
>>8328721

his name is Thomas fucking Yorkshire of The Radioheads fucking pleb
>>
>>8328721
its fucking called ENTER the void you dumb fuck.

just read the fucking book and fucking research historical context and eastern mythology. reference joseph campbell. you piece of shit
>>
File: taylor swift.jpg (168KB, 634x766px) Image search: [Google]
taylor swift.jpg
168KB, 634x766px
and the movie is called ENTER the Void fuck
>>
File: thinsonedingus.jpg (34KB, 276x475px) Image search: [Google]
thinsonedingus.jpg
34KB, 276x475px
>>8328721
Thom Yorke and other famous people said those things about "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" written by Sogyal Rinpoche, a contemporary buddhist lama. The book from Enter The Void and the one you're talking about is one completely different, you won't understand shit from it unless you're really into buddhist philosophy/practice.
>>
>>8329821
This
>>8328721
Also, ENTER the Void is a pretty average movie, anon.
>>
>>8328721
It's not a story book.
>>
>>8329713
>result of shamanic rituals

b-but death isn't a ritual, anon.
Shamans have only a minor part and are intended to protect the spirit of the wandering soul, but the biggest part is accomplished by the dead himself.
>>
File: 1394473176533.png (548KB, 1041x399px) Image search: [Google]
1394473176533.png
548KB, 1041x399px
I've had it on my eternal to buy list due to pic related.
>>
If you want ancient Tibetan literature that's actually comprehensible, look around for pic related. Their book of the dead isn't worth your time (the Egyptian one is better).
>>
>>8328721
Is this post the literary equivalent of Skrillex fans posting "where's the drop????" On aphex twin YouTube videos?
>>
Enter the void was the most cutting edge example of the medium of the film since films inception, and the envelope that it pushed will never be pushed further.

Kthxbai
>>
>>8328721
>I dont understand a book that eastern mystics have studied for their whole life in a cursory reading
>>
File: ChO2dPLUkAAxeyT.jpg (91KB, 540x809px) Image search: [Google]
ChO2dPLUkAAxeyT.jpg
91KB, 540x809px
>>8330736
Holy crap, this. Also OP it's not a story book but a book that was used to read up for dying people. You can compare it's contents to near death experiences but it won't make much sense without the context of (mahayana) buddhism. I kind of regret visiting this board again.
>>
>>8330732
Most likely.

>>8330730
No, OP just didn't put too much effort into the post it seems
>>
If you liked Enter The Void then presumably you're a "substance enthusiast", in which case I'd recommend Tim Leary's interpretation of the Book of the Dead, "The Psychedelic Experience". Finish reading the Book of the Dead first.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.