[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i hate this guy so much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 14

File: maxresdefault.jpg (158KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
158KB, 1920x1080px
i hate this guy so much
>>
>>8326097
ye... yeah sure
I dunno
...I - I'd still suck him off
>>
>>8326097
but he speaks so highly of you, anon
>>
File: 1449227036536.jpg (207KB, 800x572px) Image search: [Google]
1449227036536.jpg
207KB, 800x572px
>>8326097
pic related is worse 3bqh
>>
Where's the guy that posts about how he looks 40, and the other guy who posts the weird pic of him where he looks like a goblin?
>>
>>8326139
Tbqh this guy is 26 going on 48. Dude looks like a shit version of Bradley Cooper.
>>
I wonder how lonely it would feel to watch him record his youtube show on a separately angled camera and see him acting out his histrionic pantomimes.
>>
>>8326244
To be fair to him, almost all white people age terribly.
>>
>>8326391
Not true. There are a lot of factors that play into it; uv exposure, skin elasticity, etc. Skin elasticity is genetic and it doesn't matter what skin tone you have. You'll probably look like shit when you're older if your skin is too rubbery, though there are benefits to it. Uv exposure is reduced by melanin content, though it probably doesn't even amount to the equivalent of spf5 sunscreen.
>>
>>8326415
t. defensive white person
>>
>>8326435
Can't really say. I personally find black/white terminology rather ignorant.
>>
Who is that?
>>
>>8326448
Some white dude.
>>
File: 1001.jpg (102KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
1001.jpg
102KB, 500x497px
>13 replies
>started 3 hours ago
>not a single link or name posted

Come one guys I can't just youtube "shit version of Bradley Cooper" and find him
>>
>>8326478
>reverse image search
>video is on first page
also
>being this new
>>
>>8326448
>>8326478
booktuber. 'betterthanfood'.

he's ok. I listen to his stuff at work and he comes off as a bit of a pomp but I respect his opinion more or less.
>>
>>8326483
>>8326484
Is he a /lit/ poster? Kinda seems like he could be.
>>
File: 1358074659429.jpg (37KB, 500x537px) Image search: [Google]
1358074659429.jpg
37KB, 500x537px
>>8326478
look up book reviews on youtube, I think he's been posted here before.

The video I saw started out black and white with a melodramatic reading of shallow lines offered as reviews from the back cover of a book about or from Italy or Paris; he stood in a graveyard as well. I considered watching the full thing but I didn't give a fuck about the book he was reviewing and couldn't over look the video length.
>>
Subscribed. Thanks OP
>>
>>8326487
yes, he shills his shit here all the time
>>
>>8326478
who is this lolita?
>>
I feel like some Americans, such as this guy, purposely drag out their words and speak slowly like this guy (as they believe it would make them seem cooler).
Can I get a confirmation on this?

It just doesn't seem believable someone would speak this slowly and sort of tiresomely naturally. Heeeeeeyyy youu guyyyyssss (15 min interval) Todayyyy I will be revieeewinggg Marquiis de Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaa(*∞)deeee.
>>
I'm not even sure if it's correct to call his videos reviews. Some of it is just him talking about seemingly random stuff. Also, I can't fuckling believe he's only 26; that has to be some sort of lie or trick or whatever.

Like this one of his latest, where he talks about his trip to northern africa and that's basicly it. nothing much more there.

Possibly, most of his videos can be summarized as following:
- looking into camera being silent
- drinking something (mostly fuckin ice coffee)
- talking about what he's drinking
- looking some other place (maybe monitor where he has script, maybe on a blank wall)
- saying he has read great book
- showing book he has read (sometimes tossing it immediately on the bed behind him, sometimes skimming through the book with "i-have-no-idea-what's-this-about" look on his face)
- saying it's great book and everybody should read it
- telling some more or less irrelevant story related, in his view, to the atmosphere of the book (story of course involving his, his travels, his parents etc.)
- saying it's really really great book and that everybody should read it
- reading something out of the book
- finally saying it's really really really great book and that everybody should read it
- begging for money via his fuckin patreon

*(between each step you can deliberately put these: blank stare, being silent, drinking, more of a blank stare, saying something about gym, girlfriend, his dead father, 'alternative music', movies and so on)*

Looks like a pose to me, everything. I'm not even talking about his reading of Bataille (and since he's not able to tell anything relevant during his videos, I can't believe he understood anything by Bataille); And that time he 'reviewed' The Recognitions and one of the first few thing he said was "after finnishing the book I looked on the internet what was this about"
>>
>>8326535
Sounds like you're jealous of his normie life, Anon.
>>
>>8326535
>alternative music
swans and black metal?
seems like he just has good taste
>>
>>8326097

>le sex and le death are the only worthwhile literary subjects

I cringed my toes so hard they broke and I had to go to the ER.
>>
>>8326540
that may be even true, in some way - I don't have that much money for travelling all the time all over the world

but when speaking about his videos: there is not much of value; maybe of you wanna watch/listen vlog of some guy and that vlog has to be loosely related to books.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 640x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 640x700px
>>8326139
>>
>>8326435

t. offensive black "person"
>>
>>8326484
>respect his opinion
The average /lit/ poster is more intelligent, or at least gives me the impression that they don't immediately jump to the wikipedia page for a book once they finish it like he does.
>>
>>8326097
Jealous?
>>
>>8326627
no we just ask each other what the author meant by the book or whether we should like it or not
:^)
>>
File: comfy.jpg (30KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
30KB, 450x600px
Comfy as fuck
https://youtu.be/ymbNYqvP6DE
>tfw no lit patrician bf to read me William Blake in the snowfall and give me kisses that taste of coffee
>>
>>8326447
honky neoliberal detected
>>
>>8326535
he's an alcoholic, he's not drinking ice tea during the day
>>
>>8326097

Shut the fuck up about faggots on youtube. FUCK. EVERY FUCKING BOARD.
>>
>>8326792
>fingerless gloves
>>
>>8326868
What's the issue? It's practical and has the right homeless-aesthetic.
>>
File: hystericallaughter.gif (561KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
hystericallaughter.gif
561KB, 500x281px
>>8326544

>black metal
>good taste
>>
File: 1435512822790.jpg (6KB, 177x202px) Image search: [Google]
1435512822790.jpg
6KB, 177x202px
>>8326896
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM9PUegDRz8

Black metal is GOAT.
>>
>>8326535
you forgot

-speaks in a pseudo-french that makes no sense
which is extremely irritating
>>
>>8326904
Anon,this is amazing.
>>
>>8326244
You're autistic.
>>
>>8326904
not even the best DsO, but still pretty gud... Although i think that nowadays there are more interesting ways to do black metal

But I bet that Cliffy S. does not like any really good BM, since he's listening to late Swans, death grips, death in june and stuff like that (mostly the needle drop kind of shit); he's definitely listening to that atrocity of Deafheaven.
>>
>>8327015
Deafhaven is great and so are the new Swans.
Old are better, but new are still on the level.
Still, Batushka and Drudkh are top bm bands.
>>
>>8326514
Yes some americans do that, most don't though. We have a lot of people here.
>>
I recently picked up, along with some other cheap stuff, Stoner, House of Leaves, Life: A User's Manuel, Journey To The End Of The Night and Borges, and I see he's "reviewed" all of them. Should I burn them?
>>
>>8327062
>Deafhaven is great
lol
>>
>>8326487
Are you implying he didn't start this thread?
>>
don't forget that 100% of his background info on the author comes directly from wikipedia
>>
>>8327089
No, no. The books are great, he's just shit reviewer - if you want to call him that way.

Just watch this; I have to admit, haven't seen it all, stopped where he said that the podcast part of the video begins where he will be reading something out of the book or what, can't remember that properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoDS67YTBso

To me, it's just like random vlog of random youtuber
>>
>>8327109
literally nothing wrong with that
now you're just being pretentious, not patrician.
>>
>>8327015
jus because you may like a certain band or style of music doesnt mean you're not into other more refined or better stuff. that's a really narrow view.
>>
>>8326097
I like him but I'm not really interested in watching a 45 minute videos about Georges Perec books.
>>
>>8327125
more than half of it is just him reading a chapter of the book. but he's not a great reading, and silent black and white footage of him walking around the graveyard where Perecs ashes are gets unbearable almost immediately
>>
>>8327124
I never said anything like that.

Everything I'm saying/writing is my opinion, you may disagree, and that's your opinion and so on.

In the case of Mr. Better than food, I just wanted to hint that his musical taste is, in some ways, copying what seems to be 'cool' (again in certain way: that's why i mentioned needle drop). And everything about this is, again for me, in my personal opinion, conveying with his selection of books to review. (And sometimes I doubt that he even read the book he's trying to make video about).
>>
>>8326514
I think US citizens just speak slower in general. When I went to caboo all the native spanish speakers talked so fast in spanish and spanglish it was hard to keep up. And whenever I hear uk people talk they sound rushed to me.
>>
>>8327426
>US citizens just speak slower in general

this may be true but there are variations even within the US.
The East coast of America for example speak very fast
>>
>>8327430
>The East coast of America for example speak very fast

The northeast, maybe. People in New York City, definitely. People in the south tend to speak slower, though, maybe slower than people anywhere else in the states.
>>
boutta make my own youtube channel on my journey from pleb to pat. I'd start with the Greeks don't worry ;)
>>
>>8326535

You forgot the part where he read the plot summary off of Wikipedia fifteen minutes into a two-hour video and then continues to ramble.
>>
Oh you know I was just pumping iron while listening to Swans, I just got back to sit down with a cold brew from my local coffee shop and pour over some real serious literature about sex and death (which is, of course, the only literature worth talking about). How are you guys enjoying the literary lifestyle?
>>
>>8327725
>pumping iron

Can't think about anything else than that Sylvester Stallone movie. And I'm seeing this Bradley Cooper wannabe in it. Hillarious.
>>
>>8327725
lmao this guy doesn't work out
>>
>>8327762
he brags about it like every other review
>>
lo más pedante que vi en años.
>>
>>8326391
Then why are white aesthetics considered the pinnacle of beauty?
>>
File: cliff.jpg (419KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
cliff.jpg
419KB, 1536x2048px
>>
>implying this isn't a decent review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD3vKkSY-Ps
>>
>>8327880
>wanting your picture taken with a hemmingway memorial
>and not defacing it to get revenge on the american middle class
okkkk
>>
I honestly believe you guys are jealous if you're seriously hating on this guy. He reads everything you retards always praise. He's well-adjusted, handsome, worldly and seems genuinely like a nice person. Maybe that's what triggers you? He's precisely like you - but better in every regard.
It's better to just admit it and stat bettering yourselves rather than turning into bitter haters, /lit/.
>>
>>8326492
CANINED
>>
>>8328113
dude it's a bear
>>
>>8326131
But mira is at least ironic

OP's man is cringe
>>
>>8327880

Did you edit his head or is it really that small, Jesus Christ
>>
>>8328163
I guess he makes up for it with his huge hands
they're mark kermode-tier
>>
>>8328110
>handsome

Tbqh the man is 26 going on 48. He's the poor man's Bradley Cooper.
>>
>>8328193
Well I think he is.
Post your face.
>>
>>8328193
When will this meme about him looking old die
>>
>>8327771
sure doesn't look like he works out
>>
>>8328239
>>8327771
>>8327725
le ratface man works out at the library you IDIOTS
>>
>>8327880
those are not the eyes of a 26 year old. I don't know anyone my age with crows feet
>>
>>8328239
he works out just the bare minimum to feel entitled to be a cunt about it
https://twitter.com/BksBtrThnFood/status/728894234200297472
>>
>>8328312
How much do you work out?
>>
>rat man
>26 pushing 48
>goblinface.jpb

New dank memes, everyone.
>>
>>8326904

>They [Christians] must feel that there is a dark, evil power present that they have to fight, which…will make them more extreme. We also believe that when a church burns it's not only Christians who suffer, but people in general. Imagine a beautiful old stave church...what happens when it burns? The Christians feel despair, God's house is destroyed and ordinary people will suffer from grief because something beautiful was destroyed. So you end up spreading grief and despair, which is a good thing

This is an actual quote from the godfather of black metal. The faggotry is mind-shattering. Black metal is beyond any sliver of a doubt the edgiest shit in existence.

Honestly, I can't hear it without my sides going into orbit. Same with Sabaton. It's just so fucking belligerently edgy, I can't take it.
>>
>>8328317
I'm made of balsa wood so typically 2x a week when not experiencing chronic pain
>>
>>8328328
It's a genre meant to be theatrical and over the top m80
>>
>>8328317
4 times a week
>>
>>8328312
wow what a faggot
>>
>>8328336
So are clown shows
>>
>>8328347
so what exactly is the problem here?
>>
>>8328262
That's because tbqh the nigga is 26 going on 52 and a half. Dude looks like Algernon. He's Danny DeVito to Bradley Cooper's Arnold Schwarzenegger.
>>
File: Jesus_Christ_How_Can_it_be_real.gif (500KB, 480x228px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus_Christ_How_Can_it_be_real.gif
500KB, 480x228px
>>8328336

>In interviews, Euronymous claimed to be against individualism, compassion, peace, happiness and fun.

>He was always dressed in black from head to foot, his hair dyed black for added effect. He sported long, aristocratic mustaches and wore knee-high boots. His black leather biker jacket was decorated with badges [...] When talking, he seemed stern and serious, sometimes with pomposity verging on the theatrical".

>long, aristocratic mustaches
>>
>>8328351
>I enjoy being entertained by clowns
>I enjoy being entertained by canonical artists well-respected by both the public and critical sources

Can you tell the difference?
>>
>>8328404
a well timed fart can be as much of an epiphany as moby dick
>>
>>8328416
Can you argue for that in a court of your peers?
>>
>>8328416
This is something a rebellious 15 year old would put on there facebook page. Right above some form of "deal with it".
>>
File: latest-1.jpg (192KB, 1088x858px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.jpg
192KB, 1088x858px
>>8328322
the 46 year old goblin
>>
>>8328110
I don't specially like the guy but I think you're right. A lot of people hate him because suddendly there's a well adjusted guy who is also knowledgeable at the one thing this fags think makes them special.
His reviews are kinda dull as any +15 minutes review of any complex book would be, and yes, he is kinda self conceited, but he is one of the few booktobers to adress some of this books, and the fact he is not super obnoxious about it is a plus.

>TL; DR: the guy's alright. Shit on the other stupid booktobers who really deserve it.
>>
>>8328479
>complex book
>15 minute video

That's enough time to get to the meat of any substantial text without fleshing the whole damn thing out. The problem is, this 48 year old man spends more time editing his videos that actually talking about content. Like most have pointed out, he digresses like a motherfucker. Ace Ventura this, lemon water that. Blank stare here, stupid aspie glare there. He goes into stupid little details that nobody gives a shit about just to bulk up his videos. It's true, more than half the shit he says about a book is scrounged up from it's Wikipedia page.
>>
File: QHQ.jpg (14KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
QHQ.jpg
14KB, 200x300px
>>8326097
>>
>>8328426
>on there
I'll take the rebellious 15yo, please
>>
>>8328328
Yeah, and if you haven't noticed, it's 2016, not 1990 when he said that, he was obviously trying to provoke and be a pathetic edgelord.

But that doesn't mean the musical style itself is shit, just because you can't handle the edge of specific individuals.
>>
this is all /mu/s fault
>>
seems like the kinda guy who would steal /lit/'s girl desu
>>
>>8327878
Because they've been the rich ones for a few hundred years (especially when mass media was invented, giving them first access to the spreading of memes).
>>
>>8329565
fuck you for bumping this thread
>>
>>8329591
What's the problem? (not him)
>>
We need a booktube chart
>>
>>8331044
essentials - cliff, bookchemist and katie's classic books and stitches
>>
Does everyone unanimously disagree with his opinions, they don't feel the need to discuss them? Not a single reply here is something productive, just something about how he talks or about how annoying his drinking is.
>>
>>8331240
>his opinions

he pretty much gives a brief intro of the author, background on the book, lists some praise, then summarizes the book and ends with more praise. he doesn't rate or analyze.. what is there to disagree with? he contributes no original content of his own, that is, aside from the drinking and "fuck me" gaze.
>>
>>8331343
Okay I just watched a couple of his videos and you're right.
I have come to the conclusion I too can become a famous YouTube book reviewer just by reading a wiki page
>>
>>8331388
he's not famous lmao.

look up abookutopia or polandbananabooks . those bitches are famous. they get invited to be on panels at book conventions and shit. be in book commercials. all that shit.
>>
>>8331388
and you can have aspiring writers from around the world (only those submissions written in english will be read) pay to submit their work for your informed opinion and a personal video, if it is good enough.
>>
>>8331404
Do they read anything other than YA? I would like to know their opinions on shit other than Greek gods getting grounded by daddy
>>
>>8331442
no not really
>>
>>8326514

That's the Californian accent. Go to New England and you'll hear people speaking fast there.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (106KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
106KB, 1920x1080px
The Fuckboy, in his current form, aims for the night, aims for the break, goals to ghost. The Softboy strings you along under loftier auspices. He is Nice yet Complicated; this isn’t just a hookup. It’s a series of such.

The Softboy did not talk to you at the party, but he’s adding you on Facebook while you’re on the train home. Soon, he wants to know if you’d “like to get drinks.”

“Or something.”

He discusses his ex-girlfriend within the first thirty minutes of the date. He talks about her in a sad, wistful way rather than a snarky, resentful way. The older Softboy will say, “Oh well, it’s in the past.” The younger Softboy will say, “So it goes.”

The Softboy wears a plain t-shirt or sweater and orders cheap beer backed with bottom-shelf whiskey. He is neither Bro nor Nerd. He is sensitive yet amusingly crass. He doesn’t want you to know he has feelings. He wants you to know that he has feelings and he is *completely okay with that*.

The Fuckboy is perplexed that you were upset when he forgot to text you for three days then sent “what are you up to” at last call. The Softboy knows this behavior is selfish and cruel, though his desire to get laid can trump this. He feels shame. He does it again.

He wants to know if you’re mad at him. He already knows.

The Softboy doesn’t want to talk to you about The Wire. He concedes that it is “objectively good television” yet “ultimately problematic” and “undeserving of its lionization.” Obviously, he is an Ally.

He has some art to show you.

The Softboy does not necessarily have a soft body. In fact he is often wiry and angular.

He is emotionally intelligent but does nothing with this knowledge. He is artistic. He is aware. He is still a dick.

The Softboy sends you songs via Gchat while you’re at work.

He hasn’t texted you back for a reason; he was not blowing you off. He’s had a Weird Day. Or maybe he’s Trying To Figure Some Shit Out. Sometimes, he finds pride in declaring that he Just Needs A Night To Himself.

The Softboy is an Underdog. He has a hurricane sulk.

He resurfaces seconds before the final ember extinguishes.

The Softboy wields guilt like a floral knife.
>>
>>8331044
canto1408 is the goat 'tuber'
he's been off lit's radar for too long now
>>
>>8332191
w-what is this
>>
>>8332191
ehhh.. Nah.
>>
File: tumblr_m75l8flmMy1qzbqw1o1_1280.png (2MB, 1024x666px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m75l8flmMy1qzbqw1o1_1280.png
2MB, 1024x666px
Is he lit's version of anthony?
>>
Is /lit/ dead?
>>
>>8332191
that first line was good
>>
>>8326131
she seriously makes me want to kill myself
everything about her
you think i'm exaggerating
i am
but i still mean it
>>
>>8332910
Whenever I think thoughts like this about someone I remember when they die they're going to shit themselves and become a bloated corpse
>>
>>8326097
I recently discovered this guy and have been watching his reviews. Like some people here, I agree that his taste is commendable, though the content of his videos is lacking, or worse, navel gazing.

Has anyone else seen his short film? It's depressingly mediocre. There's an overwritten scene in particular that had me averting my eyes in embarrassment.

I feel he wants people to think of him as profound and lacking self-consciousness. His videos would be improved if he'd just act genuine.
>>
>>8332951
thanks pal
you always know the right thing to say
>>
>>8327904
what do you like about this?
>>
>>8333171
for a 2 minute review he talks about quite a few significant aspects of the book
it's better than the vids he makes now where they're like 15 minutes long and he keeps staring into space and pausing
>>
>>8326097
he's alright, just dont expect great insight.

check out this channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYsL7BUO6c4
>>
Why do people call him a booktuber? He doesn't read YA, he doesn't do Haul threads, he doesn't do Shelf tours, he doesn't have a vagina, he's not a booktuber. He's just a pretentious cunt trying to be fantano with books.
>>
>>8328110
>>8328479
Proof that this goblin does in fact post on this board right here
>>
>>8333488
He does, I've seen him post more than once. He's undoubtedly seen this thread
>>
He's not the most insightful person, but I think he deserves credit for promoting stuff people might not otherwise have learned about.

And, really, isn't that more respectable than 99% of the braindead shit that gets uploaded to youtube?
>>
>>8333488
>le 40 year old goblin
>>8333499
Where?
>>
He has the conceitedness you only get by being such a dissconnected loser that your self-esteem never adjusts to a healthy level as a result of the push and pull of social inclusion. He's literally like a 13 year old who hasn't had his ego popped yet because he lIves in his own mental bubble.
>>
>>8333600
Well, to be fair, so are most millenials.
>>
>>8326792
That setting made me nostalgia hard for some reason. Too bad his utterances are so banal.
>>
>>8332864

Despite using the same phrases over and over like "cavernous production" and "ethereal trap-influenced beats" in all of his reviews, Anthony manages to be way more engaging. It's so hard for me to watch "Clifford Le Sargent" or whatever stare off blankly into the distance for half of the review and never say anything insightful or thought provoking (and his reviews are usually 20+ mins to boot!). At least Anthony is dynamic and engaging. Clifford could benefit from adopting Fantano's quick editing style where he is speaking the whole time.
>>
>>8326627
yeah, if I have one complaint it's that he has a tendency to gush, he shies pretty far away from saying anything actually critical despite calling himself a 'reviewer'
>>
How does this thread have so many replies?
>>
>>8334325
Pseud central (falling for basic reverse psychology)?
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.