[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will i like anything if i hated Old man and the sea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: EH_marquee.jpg (54KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
EH_marquee.jpg
54KB, 700x350px
S
>>
Op here,
So many authors i love seem to like Hemingway, and friends i respect. But i read the small and celebrated book about the old fuck in the sea and his boy, and i struggled to finish it, the simple sentences was a bore, but i can handle it, but the overall tone of the book, some sentimental bollocks that iu just don't have on me...

so iu was wondering should i read the short stories and the rest
>>
At least give his war setting novels a shot, omats was a bore but I really liked for whom the bell tolls
>>
Haven't read that one, but I thought For Whom the Bell Tolls was glorious
>>
>>8324334
You sound autistic
>>
Hemingway has more to offer than OMATS. His novels set in wartime like The Sun Also Rises, For Whom the Bell Tolls and Farewell to Arms are considered his best works.
>>
>>8324329
It's about redemption. His whole life was a failure but he was able to reclaim his manhood/honor in the end. That it's never too late to do something great.
>>
>>8324372
>It's about redemption. His whole life was a fa

YEAH i hated the manhood in OMATS, the war novels are like that too? All that stuff about being strong and a real man hoho, disgusting
>>
>>8324388
this is a finely baited hook

>>8324372
that's not really it
>>
>>8324329
Ming Wei is total govno latched onto by pseuds. Don't bother with him.
>>
>>8324329
idk man, maybe try some Russian stuff like Tolstoy, Dostoyevsky, Gogol and so on.
>>
>>8324424
or do you mean specially Hemingway's stuff? by "Will i like anything" I thought you meant all of literature.
>>
>>8324329
Rilke is better
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.