[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Louiki

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 51OqoO7bbBL.jpg (50KB, 313x500px) Image search: [Google]
51OqoO7bbBL.jpg
50KB, 313x500px
was she a lesbian?
>>
>>8323749
According to Lacan?
>>
>>8323919
No.

To me it is unclear why she defenestrated. Though perhaps she was just suicidal. She did say at one point that, "I was never really myself when I wasn’t running away.”

Also during Louiki's narration, see says that she spent a lot of time with Jeannette Gaul, the woman she met and befriended while at the pharmacy.
That Louiki was averse to hanging around men in the company of Jeannette. That she jettisoned an entire friends group when they were doing a double date sort of thing in a park.
And that Jeannette frequently visited Louiki when she was married/still staying with that accountant bloke in his apartment.
More pertinently she shares that they shared a bed and discussed the present and their futures. And that during that Louiki is a bit on edge regarding her husband coming home.

Another thing- Modiano never explicitly details Louiki's sexual relations (with anyone), throughout the novella. Though Roland does briefly note that they shared hotels for the night in the neutral zones. And during Roland's narrative bit he describes Jeannette and Louiki's interactions as being mysterious, as though they shared a secret past.

So, not exactly sure. There are vague hints at her proclivities, but nothing obvious or explicit.

Louiki kills herself right before Roland and her are to leave for Majorca. She had already married a man mistakenly and was going through great efforts to avoid his ghost. Was she distraught over potentially being tied down again? Was her freedom from commitment that important? Was it freedom from men she valued? I want to believe that Louiki hurles herself from the window over her inability to have a relationship with Jeannette. But obviously there is no substantial evidence to support this.

I'm curious what others thought about Louiki and Jeanette's relationship and how it pertains to the ending of the novella.
>>
>>8324056

I mean I think you bring up some good points to support it, but it still feels like a stretch.
Especially since she leaves the Jeanette friend group only to exclusively hang around the young men at the Conde and Roland.

But that scene when they're on the bed and she gets spooked about her lame husband coming home.

so yeah, she's prob a closet dyke
>>
gay as heck
>>
bu mp
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.