[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 1984 a meme book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1984first[1].jpg (68KB, 300x446px) Image search: [Google]
1984first[1].jpg
68KB, 300x446px
Is 1984 a meme book?
>>
>>8323548
Yes.
>>
i enjoyed it a lot, dont know about rest of /lit/ though
>>
>>8323548
I dont know what that means.

I didnt like it that much. Its an idea book, and has the shelf life of such.
>>
Nineteen Eighty Four has had a larger impact on the world in terms of language and on discourse than some civilisations I could name.
>>
>>8323548
You're a meme
>>
>>8323635
This is true, but also precisely why it is a 'meme book'.
>>
>>8323580
fpbp
>>
>>8323548
It's a little spastic and "unhinged". I enjoyed it for the concepts but not for its prose. I listened it on Audible first but I thought it was the narrator's fault for making every other word so painfully awkward. Then I actually ordered the book to see for myself if Orwell's prose was that bad and it was pretty bad
>>
>>8323548
I like it a lot, it's one of my favorites.
Please don't hate me
>>
>>8323548
If this wasnt a book commonly read in high schools /lit/ would love it
>>
>>8323548
It's a good book, I like it. What makes it a meme-book is that middle-school fuckheads (who probably haven't read the book) like to sound intelligent by saying that this book is a great representation of the world we're living in now. Also the fact that it's a well-known book and a mandatory read in many schools makes it a meme-book. It's worth reading but not for it's political commentary.
>>
I've come to suspect that all books are meme books.
>>
>>8323548
It's pretty good, although people should be required to read Homage to Catalonia along with it.
>>
do all versions have the word ''fuck'' censored? when the fat lady is thrown into prison where winston is waiting for room 101 she screams the word ''FUCK!'' but in my penguin version it is written as ''F__K!'' which annoys me to no end.
>>
>>8323548
it is a good work in and of itself, whats "meme" about it is the way people evoke it to stand for their arguments. oftentimes it will be a libertarian bro yellling at you "read up bro! 1984! NSA and Edward Snowden!"

i would say very uch worth reading, and i think orwell did a great job personally in setting out what he wanted to do. but just avoid the pop culture referances to it lol
>>
>>8326611
"How to Know If Your Book Is High-School Tier in One Easy Step"
>>
>>8326611
I have the old German translation of Brave New World, all of the cities have been moved to Germany and everybody has German names, it's superweird
>>
>>8326660
i was actually asking this because i wanted to know if it's just the penguin version or if it is in the original version. if there is a version without the censoring i'll consider throwing this version away and buying the version which isn't censored.

>>8326679
that's just awful
>>
>>8324252
Why would someone hate you based on your opinion? That would be mean!
>>
>>8323548
It's a typical "high-school book report" tier book. Enough said.
>>
imagine the poor author working day and night to write this masterpiece to be called a "meme" 60 years later
>>
>>8323548

No it's essential reading. Seriously.
>>
>>8327360
That filthy commie should of tooken the red pill then desu
>>
>>8326907
Nothing wrong with that desu
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.