[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i overcome jealousy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

how do i overcome jealousy
>>
tss whats the matta are you green with envy or somethin
>>
>>8323189
chip pls
>>
>>8323142
Examine your expectations and change them if they can't be met
>>
>>8323142
Have personal goals and seek out truth. You have a low self-esteem and as such you avoid looking inward. You look to others and base your self-worth in relation to them. You should be full of yourself. You can't count on anyone else for that.
>>
File: epictetus.jpg (132KB, 622x621px) Image search: [Google]
epictetus.jpg
132KB, 622x621px
>>8323142
By realising that worrying about things outside of your control is nonsensical and instead rather focusing on what is within your control, doing so to your full ability according to what you consider the best path to take and consequently finding peace in the knowledge that you sincerely live to the best of your ability to the best of your ideas.
>>
>>8323142
You don't. I've never outgrown jealousy and I don't know what to make of it. My husband and I have literal GPS tracker app on our phones, so we can both see where the other person is at all times. I can blame it all on a bad breakup, etc etc... But I really only have myself to blame. I've never been so invested in another person that the mere thought of losing my husband is enough to send me hatching the perfect plan to kill myself. I hate his female coworkers and every time he tells me stories about how they're sleazy with other male coworkers, it makes me want to put a chastity device on my husband. I'm just glad that my husband is the same way about me, otherwise I might hurt him with my insane jealousy
>>
>>8323753
that's hot
>>
File: 552469.png (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
552469.png
68KB, 700x700px
Read the Ego and Its Own, Stirner's ideas of uniqueness, might and spooks demolish the desire to be anything but what you are.
>>
File: naze.png (313KB, 907x1300px) Image search: [Google]
naze.png
313KB, 907x1300px
>>8323753
>>
>>8323142
I was a very jealous little boy but I realized that my good qualities (which came through a combination of genetics and deciding to change) outweighed my bad genetics (like my ED, manlet status). Decided that there were multiple paths through life, and it is not intelligent to lament the loss of benefits accorded to other paths of life if you are still in general happy with your path choice; if you are not in general happy, change. That was how I did it until I realized that life is meaningless.
>>
When it comes to relationships, overdoing jealousy is a self-fulfilling prophecy. The best you can do is lay your ground rules and if they're overstepped, end the relationship. If you're constantly hounding your partner they're going to get sick and tired of it fast, it's not good for anyone.

When it comes to other things, stoicism provides a really nice handbook for generally avoiding self-inflicted misery. Cultivate contentedness and you'll feel less sour grapes.
>>
>>8323753
you've tailored this bait precisely and quite perfectly for the average /lit/ user.

>literary woman obsessed with a man

it's because we're all lonely sad lads wanting someone to 'love' them insanely and passionately
>>
>>8323753
please be a woman.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 624x451px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 624x451px
>>8323991
>>
>>8323753
Wow. You poor people.
Seriously just grow up and stop caring about other people's actions or opinion of you. Coincidentally when you have such inner confidence you'll find that people think fondly of you and don't really betray you. If they do then you just disassociate from that person and move on.
>>
File: 1468661173043.jpg (42KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468661173043.jpg
42KB, 720x480px
>>8323991
ayy gon kill myself Tbh phma
>>
File: 1255155875782.jpg (40KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1255155875782.jpg
40KB, 450x338px
>>8323753
>>
>>8323142
Leave the weak left behind and become an elitist.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.