[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reading speed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (47KB, 406x598px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 406x598px
How do I improve my reading speed. I feel slow, yet if I go any faster I forget most of what I've read

>pic unrelated
>>
>>8323005
Continue to read an excess of books that you don't have any difficulty reading. Your mind will become accustomed to the traditions of writing and fill in the blanks.

I actually read at a much slower pace than I am capable of because I find reading very pleasurable and want to extend it and absorb it as much as I am able.
>>
>>8323005
I can read very quickly and retain a lot of what I've read but it's not an enjoyable experience is more of a "rush to finish this shit" thing. If I'm enjoying the book I read every sentence like is the last one.
>>
Don't. Just read it in a speed in which you can retain the infomation.
>>
How fast are you currently? Like, do you know that you are slow?

I'm personally quite a quick reader, probably thanks to learning to read at a rather young age and reading a lot as a kid. Some stuff I recall doing as a teenager or so was focusing on not reading any sentences twice - you know, not jumping back after reading something - which I think helped.
You could just read very easy texts and try to force yourself to do it faster. There are also all kinds of guides and whatnot for learning to read fast, but I've never really looked at them.

There are like three different modes in which I may read:
1. Slower-than-regular, I "read it aloud in my head". I may do this if I really want to enjoy something slowly, or if I want to memorize something word-to-word.
2. Regular. I do not read the text "aloud in my head". I get something like 400 words per minute at 85% reading comprehension, according to some tests I've managed to take. This is the ideal level where you would probably want to get if you're currently actually slow. Try to not read the text aloud in your head while reading it.
3. Top speed. I do this with news, articles, etc, things I just want to get somewhat familiar with, I don't even read every word, I just look at it and try to get the information from there. I'll get about 800 words per minute at ~65% reading comprehension. This is needlessly fast for really reading literature or anything important.
>>
Listen to an audio book but put the speed at x4 like I do, you'll be able to read thousands of books a month :)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.