[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Legend Of The Galactic Heroes novel 1 & 2 discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

What did you think of them? Who's your favorite character and why? Who's your least character and why? Did you watch the anime or is this your first contact with LOGH unvierse?
>>
Least favorite character*
>>
Did you not read it or do you now want to participate in this discussion? If you didn't read and like war dramas and space operas, this is pretty much top tier, and it's a must read.
>>
>>8321288
anon no one apart from anime fans know this novel,even then Lit will never take a japanese novel who as been adapted into anime seriously
>>
>>8321394

I understand that, but this novel is actually worth reading. The anime is one of the best war dramas not only in it's medium, but beyond it.
>>
>>8321288
I just got the second novel yesterday.
Looks like Dusty wasn't just a anime addition and he is actually a character in the second book.
>>
>>8321288
Describe it to me OP. Is this like a light novel or is this like actual bona fide Jap Sci Fi?
>>
>>8322773
Not OP here.
Well both books have 200+ pages going for them and they are part of a 10 book series.
So i don't know, does that make them light novels?
>>
>>8322796
I think light novels are more about the whole easy reading thing. A bit like young adult in the west. So does it have a reading age for grown ups or for kids do you think?
>>
>>8321288
Yang a best.

>>8322773
Not OP here.
They're definitely not LNs. They weren't published under the LN label and they don't have any LN tropes.
>>
>>8322864
Cool cool. Probs will pick it up then.
>>
I've wanted to read these for a long time I hope they get to put out the full series.
>>
yang wenli is bae
>>
>>8322800
>So does it have a reading age for grown ups or for kids do you think?
They are difficult in Japanese to the point I gave up until I got better but I can't speak about the translation
>>
>>8324219
By what i hear, some folks are saying that it might be a bit too faithful a translation.
Still, i didn't think it was too hard to read through the first one and im currently reading the second one.
>>
>>8324788
>some folks are saying that it might be a bit too faithful a translation.
I honestly doubt that is possible given how Japanese omits things that have to be expressed to form a sentance in English.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.