[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does he hate Californians?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: delillo_don.jpg (180KB, 613x399px) Image search: [Google]
delillo_don.jpg
180KB, 613x399px
Does he hate Californians?
>>
>>8320892
Who doesn't hate those libcucks
>>
File: single_tear_don.jpg (684KB, 1545x1000px) Image search: [Google]
single_tear_don.jpg
684KB, 1545x1000px
"California deserves whatever it gets. Californians invented the concept of life-style. This alone warrants their doom."
>>
everyone hates californians
t. a commiefornian
>>
If he actually hates Californians my respect for him just tripled.

300 pages into underworld atm. This guy can write down words very well.
>>
>>8321255
Fuck, that's fantastic.
>>
Didn't realize I was so hated. Weird.
>>
>>8321255
>the concept of life-style
What did he mean?
>>
>>8321892
how do you not understand?
>>
>>8321908
That's a pointless question, friend, It doesn't matter how he doesn't understand. What matters is that he doesn't and wishes to understand. Instead of trying to make him feel bad (I don't know why you would ever want to do this) you can do something good and help him understand.
>>
Anyone with a brain hates callifornians.
>>
>>8321919
I was hoping to point out that he might be trying to look too deep and not seeing the very obvious surface meaning

"lifestyle" is not an eternal concern of humankind but rather a relatively recent way of thinking about how to measure people's lives by how much and how stylishly they enjoy themselves—their "style" of living.

it is a terrible way of thinking which tends to turn people into vain and unhappy assholes, and we can thank the shithole California for popularizing it and (if Don is right) inventing it
>>
>>8320892
DFW killed himself inside of some Californian bungalow. Just sayin'
>>
>>8321923
I'm sorry you feel that way.
>>
>>8321908
Yeah, of course I know what it means. I read a translation since I'm far from being fluent in english and I'm pretty sure they didn't use the literal translation.
>>
>>8321923
My lifestyle is NEET. You؟
>>
File: large.gif (2MB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
2MB, 500x379px
Our Silicon Valley gave you the ability to shitpost as much as you do, and there is no facet of the entertainment industry in the world that isn't based on what we've done...
Your Welcome for giving you the parts of your culture not based on fried food and hanging blacks, ingrates.
>>
>>8321934
he calls them a house
>>
>>8322018
yeah I love posting on this computer so much

thanks nerds

you really enriched our culture
>>
>>8322018

thanks for all the cancerous liberalism and illegal immigrants

hope those fires keep burning
>>
>>8322018
MUH Valley
MUH Hollywood
>>
just give it back to Mexico already
>>
A whole state can't be filled with just yuppies, right?
>>
>>8322093
course not, there's also bums, rednecks, and thugs
>>
>>8322093
Of course not. But someone who's mind is filled with hate is not one that is rational.
>>
>>8321255
It's nice to know someone hates me for things in which I played no part.
>>
nah he just hates the BEANER?s
>>
>>8322131
>It's nice to know someone hates me for things in which I played no part.
They're quoting a character from White Noise ... not Don's words.

Anyhow, now you know what it feels like to be a black woman in America.
>>
>>8322139
Black women don't play apart of black culture?

What.
>>
>>8322110
and burglars, NEETs, writers, channers and whores.
>>
File: macpchumor.jpg (61KB, 542x988px) Image search: [Google]
macpchumor.jpg
61KB, 542x988px
>>8322162
>and burglars,
thugs
>NEETs,
>writers,
>channers
>whores.
children of yuppies
>>
>>8321255
I'm just now realizing how little I trust a Don Delillo quote taken out of context, since he parodies, mocks and purposely pseudo-philosophizes so much through his characters in a lighthearted way.
>>
>>8322018
Our (insert literally any metropolitan area here) gave you the ability to shitpost as much as you do, and there is no facet of the entertainment industry in the world that isn't based on what we've done...
Your Welcome for giving you the parts of your culture not based on fried food and hanging blacks, ingrates.

I bet you think you're a special snowflake too, huh?
>>
>>8322018
>WE
>>
>>8322093
>>8322110
top fucking lel
>>
>>8322179
He's bigoted towards Californians.
>>
>>8322018
>>8322131

What did they mean by this? which one is right?
>>
>>8323498
>commiefornians
Neither, obviously
>>
>>8322143
>Californians don't play a part in California culture.

What.
>>
Living in Cali is so nice that I feel no need to give a shit what anyone else thinks of California. Enjoy your shitty red states, anons. West coast best coast.
>>
>>8322018
My favorite thing is how Californians, who do and know nothing, take pride in living around geniuses. You're not improving computers and you're not directing films. Neck yourself.
>>
>>8323800
>living around geniuses
Do you imagine that the state of California is half Silicon Valley? What exactly are you picturing? I live 500 miles from San Francisco, but still live in the state. It's a big fucking state with a lot of differences from city to city.
>>
>>8323823
Why did you invent life-style?

Apologize.
>>
>this much is true
>this much I know

wtf Delillo you're killing me. why cant you write normal dialogue? everyone of your characters sound the same. you're not writing a play, you're writing a novel AAARRGRGHGHH
>>
>>8322039
Then get rid of your computer you retarded faggot.
>>
>>8320892
I would hope not. Hating so many people you have never met is pretty stupid
>>
>>8323909
I didn't, man. I showed up here from new england and found everyone eating avocados, wearing long dresses, and working only 6 hours a day.
>>
>>8321255
He sounds like he has a lot of regrets
>>
>>8324484
It's a quote spoken by an edgy cultural theorist in White Noise.
>>
>hating California
Why?
I know we're one of the top three (the others being NY and NJ) most hated but the only reason I ever get is "libcucks" or "everyone is so fake." Oh wow, .001% of your state's population is a plastic surgery reality show star? Wtf I hate California now
>>
>>8322018
As an Oregonian, can confirm that Californians are retarded.
>>
>>8325371
Nice strawman there, faggot
>>
>>8325371
Anything you hate about California you can avoid by moving to another part of California

Except taxes
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.