[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /lit/ hate George R. R. Martin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: George-RR-Martin-thumb.jpg (44KB, 413x412px) Image search: [Google]
George-RR-Martin-thumb.jpg
44KB, 413x412px
Why does /lit/ hate George R. R. Martin?
>>
>>8320658
Because he is popular at the moment.
>>
>>8320663
/thread
>>
Because he shit talks Tolkien constantly, while being a worse writer and world builder (and far and away more unrealistic with interactions, despite his claims)

Plus he's a fat annoying piece of shit
>>
Because he's not a good writer.
>>
Because his books are worthless fun for the moment garbage. LOTR taught me to love nature, love medieval history, importance of friendship etc etc . I literally got nothing out of Game of thrones other than lol incest .
>>
>>8321472
>I literally got nothing out of Game of thrones other than lol incest
Did you only watch the show, or are you just dense?
>>
>>8320663
/thread
>>
>>8321388
>and far and away more unrealistic with interactions

Explain.
>>
>>8320663
This. /lit/ liked him before the show started. asoiaf was pretty heavily recommended in the past as well.
>>
>>8321825
He was popular then too. You people are excited over nothing. Wallowing in pig shit you fuckers.
>>
>>8321481
Even if you just read the books its very clear that Tolkien is more wholesome.

I'm sure GRRM is a nice guy, but Tolkien had it together.
>>
>>8321831
What?
>>
I feel as though he, as well as all pacifists, have a childish understanding of how the world works. He also has characters that seem to be stripped right from anime, such as Darkstar, Euron Greyjoy and Jon Snow, prevelant in his book.
>>
>>8321388
>Because he shit talks Tolkien constantly
It seems to me he worships the ground Tolkien walked on
>>
>>8321388
>Because he shit talks Tolkien constantly,

He doesn't. You clearly don't know him nor have you actually read ASOIAF. Quit spreading this meme.
>>
>>8321472
I jacked off to the lesbean scenes with Cersei and Daneryes when I was 15
>>
Not the guy himself, but there's an annoying as fuck fanbase who think he's the first author to ever kill off a major character.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.