[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Medium For Writing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Which of these is the best medium for writing: the typewriter, the computer, or by hand? Discuss.
>>
Pencil and paper for me, although I'm a high schooler so I'm not an authority on this.
>>
>>8320314
Pen and paper for rough drafts. Computer for editing.
>>
>>8320314
Agnostics!

That looks just like my typewriter.
>>
Its weird. I always felt like my best ideas came from writing on pen and paper but my prose is at it's best when I type.
>>
>>8321254
Best ideas and prose on pen & paper for me.

Its suffering
>>
Stone tablet and chisel. Get off my board, plebs.
>>
I can't write first drafts on the computer for some reason. Everything I write sucks if I try it that way.

For rough drafts I either use a pen and paper or my typewriter. I will often do a first round of editing by making copies of those pages and marking them up with pen. Once I've done that, I type them into the computer and do the fine tweaking. It all ends up on the computer eventually, but I can't for the life of me use one for initial drafts
>>
it depends on the person. fag.
>>
>>8320314
Typewriter, objectively.

You have the freedom and ease, and ability to flow and write quickly on a typewriter, while it also functions primarily for one purpose and won't lead you astray with its various other utilities like a computer will.

Not only that, but each time you look at it - each time you glance towards it, with something unwritten, you will be compelled to write on it.

It also encourages typing precisely and not making errors.
>>
>>8321340
>not using wax tablets
Someone didn't start like the Greeks
>>
>>8321397
Same here. Pen and paper allows me to be less critical and just write because it's harder to rewrite and correct mistakes, and it feels less official. Type writer is similar in the difficulty of rewriting and correcting but tho it feels official it's also fun to use and as quick as typing on a keyboard. I enjoy using a typewriter but can't afford one, I just use a friends occassionally.
>>
notepad.exe provided you don't have ADHD.
>>
>>8323721

[----WRITING DIARY----]

July 26th, 2016:
-Wrote "notepad.exe provided you don't have ADHD." on 4chan/lit/

(end of file)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.