[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

secret of life book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: pepe-book.jpg (49KB, 416x700px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-book.jpg
49KB, 416x700px
What's a good book for my /robot/ status? Perhpaps how to boost confidence when you are 20+. Either advices or a story of someone who went thru low selfsteem growing up.

Better yet, is there a good book on how to stop being so damn fucking lazy?

I'll appreciate it and update after reading it
>>
If you're past 20 and still a robot it really is too late, I'm sorry to say it. Look at the life of any great individual and their essential character will have formed by at least their mid-teens, and from then on their conduct and disposition will have followed a rather predictable course, in most cases being one of gradually greater success in their chosen field. Laziness and apathy are each signs of an easily contented individual. While a genius will be burning internally with a fire that will not quell until he meets a standard of perfection he ruthlessly pursues, the average lumpenprole will go through life either whimsically unaware of anything beyond their stable routine and culturally inherited pleasures, or will otherwise succumb to the most base forms of self-pity and self-loathing, each of which is largely a sign of a narcissistic and entitled personality. And that's why I don't date white "men".
>>
>>8319497
So should I just off myself?

>it really is too late
for what exactly?
>great individual
well good for them.. I just want to to see the results of someone who had lack of confidence, but did something about it somehow
>>
>>8319507
Yes you should. Again, confidence or no confidence, if you haven't asserted yourself on the world by the age of 20 in some form there is zero hope for you. Either you possess that inner drive or you don't. Even the most sensitive and pathetic-seeming writer is in actual fact a very narcissistic and selfish individual determined to humiliate their competition.
>>
>>8319514
So you don't know any book in regards of low selfsteem or lazyness? Welp, thanks a heap coyote ugly
>>
>>8319507
Lose hope, and your confidence will boost.
>>
Take the sociopath trying to get you to kill yourself with a grain of salt.
>>
>>8319490

A book won't help you. If you have genuine mental problems, seek professional help.
>>
OP don't listen to
>>8319497
>>8319514
She's a disillusioned cunt. Bro any good book with help build character. The thing is to get them read despite laziness. Make a 30 minutes reading a day rule or some shit. Try Dubliners and walks around town.
>>
>>8319497
>>8319514

Horseshit, take George Lucas for instance. He was occupied with race car driving until he nearly killed himself in an accident at the age of 18. After that he went to college to study social sciences (which probably takes around 3 to 4) years. He was an average guy if you look at it objectively but he still became one of the greatest filmmakers/producers ever.
>>
File: 810IASGMUYL.jpg (333KB, 1616x2560px) Image search: [Google]
810IASGMUYL.jpg
333KB, 1616x2560px
I know people shit on self help books but I recently read pic related and it actually had a pretty good message of self improvement, it wasn't as manipulative as I expected from the title. The premise is pretty much "people care about themselves a lot more than they care about you, so appeal to that nature."

As for laziness there's a book called Willpower by Baumeister that explains a lot about motivation and how it works. Thinking Fast and Slow has a few chapters on it as well, among lots of other psychological quirks and shortcuts people take.

Also for general quality of life I read Irvine's book on stoicism and it was a pretty good modern summary of the philosophy, though I'd recommend reading Seneca, Epictetus, and Marcus Aurelius too.
>>
>>8319490
>is there a good book on how to stop being so damn fucking lazy?
Doing something is how you become less lazy. It will be hard at first, but you'll get used to it.
Pick up an activity that requires constant practice, like writing a novel (reading doesn't count), learn an instrument (as long as it's not guitar), or maybe get into a sport (the gym is not a sport).

Good Luck Anon.
>>
>>8319490

Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
Essays by Montaigne
Myth Of Sisyphus by Camus

Read them very carefully and get the most from them.

I was in the same place you are now. It's never too late if you start changing now. Start.
>>
I have no inclination to help you.
>>
>>8319838
>Essays by Montaigne
>1360 pages

wew lad
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.