[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey lit, what's your favorite quote from any origin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 320018-1.png (10KB, 446x236px) Image search: [Google]
320018-1.png
10KB, 446x236px
>>
>>8319044
A bunch of Hitler ones and some from Schopenhauer's 'On Women'.
>>
>>8319059
Know any off the top of your head?
>>
>>8319064
>'women might be talented but cannot be genius as they are always subjective'

This one blew my mind
>>
>>8319069
hm.....nah
>>
>>8319059

I believe this one is his:

The most precious possession you have in the world is your own people. And for this people, and for the sake of this people, we will struggle and fight, and never slacken, never tire, never lose courage, and never lose faith.

And if it is his its definitely one of my favorites
>>
>>8319044
fucking weabs
>>
>>8319044
That doesn't make any sense.
>>
>If you put out the fire it wins

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
>>
There are WAY TOO MANY to have just one favorite!

Here are a few:

"There is no terror in the bang, but in the anticipation of it." - Alfred Hitchcock

"If the sun and moon should ever doubt, they would immediately go out." - William Blake

"There is a fellowship more quiet even than solitude, and which, rightly understood, is solitude made perfect" - Robert Louis Stevenson

"The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." - Jack London

"All men have fears, but the brave put down their fears and go forward - sometimes, to death, but always to victory." - Greek King's Guard motto

There are so many others, but I guess I'll stop now.
>>
>"It seems like the world has a serious case of myopia, and when prescribed bifocals as a remedy, they insist on particular, infallible tints"
>>
>"I am become death, destroyer of worlds"
J. Robert Oppenheimer
I know it's Shiva's qoute actually but the way J.Robert said it in the situation he created makes it all the much memroble
>>
>you got saggy tits ay ma?

- guy from housos
>>
>>8319069
Wow edgy
>>
>>8319044
That quote is actually pretty good, I refuse to believe it comes from a manchurian moving mandala.
>>
Work with animals is a source of suffering to all of us. We treat them like babies who cannot speak. The more time passes, the more I’m sorry about it. We shouldn’t have done it. We did not learn enough from the mission to justify the death of the dog.
>>
>"There are no ugly questions except those clothed in condescension."
- John Steinbeck, from East of Eden
>>
>>8319044
>"This is a good bar," he said.
>"It has a lot of liquor," I agreed.
>>
"A truth that's told with bad intent, beats all the lies that you can invent." - Blake.
>>
>"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."
- T. E. Lawrence
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.