/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting a story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: SPACESHIP.jpg (620KB, 3591x1620px) Image search: [Google]
SPACESHIP.jpg
620KB, 3591x1620px
I am not sure where to start my story about a human that gets abducted at a young age and is train to fight Gladiator style in an intergalactic Colosseum, he later escapes and becomes a pirate. Should i start with a prologue chapter explaining the abduction and 15-20 years of training, escaping, and abuse or skip right into the action with a debut fight?
>>
What do you want to focus on?
>>
>>8317300
I want it to be a long book and possibly a series of books so I was originally going with the prologue but I wasn't sure how to start the prologue.
>>
>>8317322
You can probably jump straight into the Debut fight and just let there be little flashbacks of his past as he goes along (that can help as fuel for his rebellion), and say you can end the first book with his escape

How does that sound?
>>
>>8317339
I like it, thank you. Do you think a publisher would buy the book based off of the synopsis given?
>>
>>8317369
who cares write for yourself
>>
>>8317369
It's definitely marketable, but like anon says just write it for yourself first and foremost.
>>
>>8317447
/thread
>>
>>8317447
>>8317474
I'll keep this in mind when writing.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.