[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What program do you use to write? Pen and paper need not apply.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: Microsoft-Word-2013.png (10KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
Microsoft-Word-2013.png
10KB, 600x330px
What program do you use to write? Pen and paper need not apply.
>>
>>8316938

Notepad.

>Pen and paper need not apply.

What? But it's a completely different experience when you write on paper.
>>
>>8316938
I use pen and paper.
>>
Pencil and paper.
>>
>>8316938

LibreOffice Writer
>>
https://wri.tt/
+
WriterP on Android.
>>
I use a pen and some paper.

Sometimes I'll use a pencil, though.
>>
FocusWriter
>>
Pen and paper when I write poetry.

Pages when I write fiction.
>>
I'm using my mind to write my novel. I'm stuck on the first page because I keep forgetting what I've wrote.
>>
WriteMonkey
>>
vim
>>
>All these plebeians write using computers and pen
>Not using your brain to write and store your novels

I write all my novels in my mind. I start by designing a memory palace where I keep the plot and characters. I write the book just by thinking about it. So far I've written 23 novels and I'm writing another one as we speak.
>>
Notepad.exe for plotting and ideas

MS Word for writing and formatting though I still end up storing everything in Notepad
>>
>>8316982
Why? LibreOffice is just a worse version of Microsoft Word.
>>
>>8317170

Enjoyable post
>>
Notepad++ until I need to format text; OpenOffice for formatting text/editing; pen and paper to get down rough ideas.
>>
>>8317226
>I start by designing a memory palace where I keep the plot and characters

How did you pass the captcha?
>>
File: AS_Neo.jpg (143KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
AS_Neo.jpg
143KB, 1200x800px
>>8316938
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 239x210px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 239x210px
>>8317294
>>
notepad
write-box.appspot.com
>>
Scrivener for strage/editing/compiling

Pretty much anything for initial drafts

I'm trying to get more used to typing my stories since it eats up so much time to transcribe from paper to digital. But at the same time I feel more "close" to my story if I hand-write it you know? Like i can get more out of it.
>>
>>8317294
I'll have you know that I have a commensal typing here in 4chan what comes out of my mind. I have this machine that translates thoughts into speech.
>>
>>8317347
>>8316991
>giving your work to obscure silicon valley app dev
>>
Im not a writer.
>>
>>8316938
FocusWriter

>MSWord
>LibreOffice
>Open Office
Are all fucking shit and if you honestly use this to write you should kill yourself.

>LaTeX
You're a retard, or an autist, either way kill yourself.
>>
>>8317538

who even said they tex their writing
>>
>>8317245
Not OP but its probably because Microsoft word costs money
>>
Google Docs and Dictation.
>>
Serious question here: what's the point of FocusWriter? If you want minimalist and customizable why not just use a modal editor?
>>
>>8317558
pirate it
>>
>>8317550
Several people in the last thread
>>
>>8317585
Because we're not autistic
>>
Libre because it's FREE as in FREEDOM
>>
>>8317612
If a piece of software is worth using over a gratis alternative it's worth paying for.
>>
>>8317245

LibreOffice can do everything people normally do in Word and is perfectly fine for everyday use. It's readily available free of charge, so there's no need (or purpose) in taking a chance on a sketchy pirated copy of Word.

>>8317271
>OpenOffice
Just FYI, OpenOffice has been abandoned ever since Oracle bought Sun in 2010 and killed the latter's open-source projects (of which OO was one). Most of the OO team left to start the company that develops and maintains LibreOffice today.
>>
I made a thread about this not 2 days ago.

>8308404
>>
>>8317882
>>8308404
>>
>>8317451

then why the hell did you even post god damnit
>>
HB Staedtler Mars Lumograph pencil and paper.
>>
>>8317882
It's almost as if this thread is one that tends to reoccur with some frequency, or something.
>>
Pen and paper.
BAKA DESU SENPAI
>>
>>8317959

stop having autism
>>
>>8316938
fadein #script senpai
>>
File: my names not rick.png (325KB, 471x464px) Image search: [Google]
my names not rick.png
325KB, 471x464px
evernote

>tfw soon it will only be available on two devices max

what the fuck do you EVEN DO, YOU SYNCH 16 KB OF TEXT A FEW TIMES A WEEK, HOW CAN YOU JUSTIFY CHARGING $10 A MONTH
>>
>>8317993
They have to eat somehow.

Thats why you just get the free programs with Dropbox and call it a fucking day
>>
Is there a config and color scheme for vim made specifically for writing?
>>
>>8318005
you don't need that bra
>>
>>8318028

Well, I want to get rid of the tildes on blank lines.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.