[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I bought the Art of the Deal from the US and noticed that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: aotd.jpg (72KB, 1150x862px) Image search: [Google]
aotd.jpg
72KB, 1150x862px
So I bought the Art of the Deal from the US and noticed that it had a beautiful shiny cover and thin but flexible pages/covers.

I notice a lot of American books seem to be published in this style, particularly older ones. Is there a name for this type of book or the method in which it is published? I really do like the feel and shape of it.

Thanks.
>>
>>8315842
In the words of Trump, the art of the deal is the second greatest book after the bible (but the bible took 11 people to write...)

Enjoy this masterpiece, be prepared to make the greatest deals of your life, and reread, my friend.
>>
File: warcraft.jpg (30KB, 266x320px) Image search: [Google]
warcraft.jpg
30KB, 266x320px
>>8315850
All of the humour aside, do you know the name of the publishing style of this type of book?

It's also similar to the Warcraft books.
>>
Do you mean mass market paperback?
>>
>>8315842
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all

The book was ghostwritten by a journalist who followed him around for 18 months. He describes Trump as manipulative sociopath with nothing in his life but a compulsive drive for attention and wealth. The author admits to embellishing the reality of many of Trump's largest deals, omitting some altogether, as so many are the result of bullying and shady practices rather than business acumen.

>Schwartz also tried to avoid the strong whiff of cronyism that hovered over some deals. In his 1986 journal, he describes what a challenge it was to “put his best foot forward” in writing about one of Trump’s first triumphs: his development, starting in 1975, of the Grand Hyatt Hotel, on the site of the former Commodore Hotel, next to Grand Central Terminal. In order to afford the hotel, Trump required an extremely large tax abatement. Richard Ravitch, who was then in charge of the agency that had the authority to grant such tax breaks to developers, recalls that he declined to grant the abatement, and Trump got “so unpleasant I had to tell him to get out.” Trump got it anyway, largely because key city officials had received years of donations from his father, Fred Trump, who was a major real-estate developer in Queens. Wayne Barrett, whose reporting for the Voice informed his definitive 1991 book, “Trump: The Deals and the Downfall,” says, “It was all Fred’s political connections that created the abatement.” In addition, Trump snookered rivals into believing that he had an exclusive option from the city on the project, when he didn’t. Trump also deceived his partner in the deal, Jay Pritzker, the head of the Hyatt Hotel chain. Pritzker had rejected an unfavorable term proposed by Trump, but at the closing Trump forced it through, knowing that Pritzker was on a mountain in Nepal and could not be reached. Schwartz wrote in his journal that “almost everything” about the hotel deal had “an immoral cast.” But as the ghostwriter he was “trying hard to find my way around” behavior that he considered “if not reprehensible, at least morally questionable.”

>“He was playing people,” Schwartz recalls. On the phone with business associates, Trump would flatter, bully, and occasionally get mad, but always in a calculated way.

>As far as Schwartz could tell, Trump spent very little time with his family and had no close friends.
> In his journal, he describes the hours he spent with Trump as “draining” and “deadening.” Schwartz told me that Trump’s need for attention is “completely compulsive,” and that his bid for the Presidency is part of a continuum

Sounds like a great person to emulate and draw life lessons from!
>>
>>8315842
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coated_paper

????
>>
>>8315890
>Sounds like a great person to emulate and draw life lessons from!
If it works I might pick it up for dat negotiating shit. A lot of the other guys are not going to be the nicest guys either you know, not as bad as Trump but cast from the same die.
>>
>>8315890
>Irrelevant ghost writer capitalizes on an opportunity he was given in the past.

> 'immortal behavior'
> Implying this is not literally what business is
>>
>>8315915
It depends where you are and who you're with. A lot of business right now revolves around building trust and long term relationships and not shitting where you eat. So I wouldn't take it as a business bible.
>>
>>8315911
If you'd read the article, the point is that the "deals" in the book are given a very friendly face sprinkled together with some generic business bromides. The deals don't represent reality at all, and any "advice" or "tips" you're given aren't directly from Trump, but from a journalist.

You'd be pretty foolish to think you can actually learn anything from this book. The purpose of the book wasn't to teach you anything, but to craft the image of Trump as an amazing businessman.
>>
>>8315928
I was just googling for the "ghost writer's cut" tell all memoir edition but all I can find is that article.
>>
I realized this too, when buying American books like Tom Clancy and Dune. It's really weird for me, because Eurpoean books are way larger. Maybe it's more economical. It's a bit like the Reclam booklets, but they don't have as many pages most of the time.
>>
>>8315934
Looking at the article I guess Wayne Barrett is the way to go
>>
>>8315890
hatchet job
>>
>>8315877
This. OP described mass market paperbacks. AKA cheap paperbacks.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.